Saturday, February 19, 2011

Leaving the state

MY GOODNESS--THIS HAS BEEN AN EXCITING WEEK AROUND HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Seeing as Cora and Andrew have been saving their comments about Robert's surprise to our family, I had better get on the ball and write about it.  To make a long story short, Robert asked me yesterday morning, "What are you doing today?"  After I ran off my long list of goals for the day, he said, "I was kind of hoping that you'd ride into town with me this afternoon." 

"What for?"  I asked.

Sheepishly he told me that he's been vehicle shopping for some time, which was not a surprise to me.  However, I was surprised when he told me that he'd found one he liked; had made all the arrangements to buy it; that we are approved for the financing; and that all I needed to do was go in and say whether or not I like it.  Now how's THAT for a surprise?

Well, the day ended up being unforgettable.  First of all the trucker came and took our third semi load of organic wheat headed for Marianthol, Kansas.  Then we made the final decision to take a trip out of state.  Then we took our organic screenings into town and sold them for $11.61 a bushel--that's more than we got for our GOOD wheat in the past!  After putting our checks in the bank, Robert drove me in the old truck over to the Cenex but I didn't drive home in the old truck.  Across the street from the Cenex in Napoleon is Wentz Auto Sales.

Now Robert had told me several things about this vehicle--it's kind of the color of the van; it has 58,000 miles on it; and that it's all wheel drive which we MUST have living out here in the country.  Then, he had me walk down the row of cars and try to pick which one I thought that it was.  From that description, I saw one small car that it could have been but my heart sank at thinking that he was all excited about that car.

However, there was one awesome looking vehicle sitting out on the side of the road which I ignored.  I don't know why but I just thought it would be in the row of cars.  Then the salesman came out; tapped it on the bumper; and asked me how I liked it.  I looked at Robert with wide eyes and asked, "SO THIS IS IT?"

He burst out laughing and the salesman felt like a worm to have ruined Robert's surprise but we got over it soon enough as he started showing us the features.  The next thing I knew I found myself behind the wheel and heading North out of town.

To make a long story short, we signed the papers and I brought it home.  You should have seen the children's faces when they saw my driving in with new/used wheels. 

That's not all the news that I have, though.  Recently, we learned from our friend Ed, that there is a radionics course in a nearby state. We have decided that Robert, Jacob, and I will be taking the class the second week in March.  Jacob was bummed as he wants to go to KRT at the dome again this Summer for our next level of training.  However, when he saw the way that we'll be traveling, he chilled out.

And now, with no further delay, here are the pictures of our new wheels.  I really like the name of it too, which is Pacifica.  I told Darcy, the salesman at Wentz's, that we just got back from the Pacific Ocean so that this vehicle is perfect for us.   

Happy Sabbath everyone!

Dawn

PS.  I'll post more about our upcoming trip in the days ahead.









1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Nice wheels! So glad for you. I finally got my computer back from the shop so it was nice to catch up on your blog.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...