Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 7 included a Gentleman

I love to watch how the Lord brings people into my life--each day is so unique.  Yesterday, which was day 7 of my 5th Master Cleanse He brought a gentleman into my day.

Fridays are always so very busy for us that I rarely go to town on Fridays. We have much to do on Preparation Day to get things ready for our day of rest to be as peaceful and pleasant as possible.  With cleaning and cooking and finishing up laundry there's just not much time for anything extra. 

However yesterday I was unpleasantly surprised to learn, when I went to the net teller, that I was overdrawn.  How can that be?  When I had gotten home late on Thursday night, I checked my balance.  Seeing that it was overdrawn, I transferred enough money to cover it, and went to bed.  "Now, how come I'm overdrawn?" I growled.

Knowing that I needed to get my checks put into the bank, I asked if anyone needed anything else done in Napoleon.  Robert said to call the car dealer that we bought our new wheels at and see if they could put in the struts that were weak on the hatch.

Being it was only the week before that we'd bought the vehicle, the owner knew me when I called to ask if that would work for them.  He said, "I'll hold my man over if you'll come right away."  Quickly putting my deposit together, I headed for town and got there around 2:30.

I asked the fellows, "How long will this take?"  They both assured me that it would only take 10 to 15 minutes.  Handing the employee the keys I said, "Ok, I'm going to walk up to the bank while you're fixing it.  I can't wait that long."

When the owner heard that he offered me a ride.  Seeing as I was in a hurry, I accepted.  On the way to the bank, we talked about our first week with the Pacifica.  As we neared the bank, he said, "I'll pick you up when you're done.  Just give me a call."

Well, I've never been one to enjoy bothering others, I declined saying that it wasn't that far to walk.  He persisted,  "But it's 3 degrees below zero with a breeze."

I insisted, "I'm used to being out in the cold as I got out to do chores every day."

Then he got serious and said, "PLEASE LET ME COME BACK TO PICK YOU UP!"

Wow--what do you say to that?  So I laughed and said that it would be nice and got out of the SUV.  "Give me a few minutes to get the struts in before you call me to get you," he said and was gone.

To make a long story short, inside the bank I learned that the policy had changed last year about when the cutoff time is for deposits.  One of the things that we had liked about this bank was that they had an outside deposit box.  If you had the deposit into that box (or transferred online) before 8:00 the following basis day that you overdrew, then you'd be fine.

HOWEVER, I learned that that policy had changed so that the cutoff time is now 4:00 PM.  That is why I was overdrawn even though I had transferred the needed funds into my account before I went to bed.  I'm sharing this for anyone in our area who has not realized this so that you might be spared the agony and embarrassment of an overdraft.

So, after I was defeated in the bank, I asked if they'd call the car dealer for me as I'd forgotten my cell phone at home.  When the teller dialed the number and handed me the phone, I was amazed.  A few minutes later the vehicle pulled up in front of the bank and I hopped in.

When I told my family this story later on, they all were as amazed as I was and said, "only in a small town."  It truly was a joy to ride in a warm vehicle with a gentleman instead of freezing my legs walking the 5 or 6 blocks down there.  So that's my big news from yesterday--I learned that gentlemen still exist on this planet.  YIPEE!!!

We quickly finished cleaning the house when I returned home and everyone enjoyed their feast while I enjoyed some more of Dr. Mercola's wonderful whey protein powder.  Then we watched a fantastic movie which Cora had ordered for us called, "Faith like potatoes".  Now there's a fantastic movie for you about how God can change a life completely around.  PRAISE HIS NAME FOREVER!!!!

Happy Sabbath all,

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...