Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MC 5--Day 4/Amended version

Day 4 was FULL of excitement.  First of all, we're trying to decide which radionics machine to purchase for Robert to use in the upcoming class--and thereafter.  I got no less than 4 emails from Ed at KRT so that was a thrill!
If ever I had a loving brother, it would be somebody like Ed.  He is so understanding, and supportive, and encouraging--surely this is the role that a real live brother would play in his sister's life in a loving family!  PRAISE THE LORD--HE FOUND A WAY TO GIVE ME BROTHERS THROUGH HIS NETWORK OF AWESOME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, the day went well as far as hunger pangs went.  I was happy to note that the worst is behind me as those first 3 days can be kind of grueling when you watch your family sitting here eating.  Yesterday and this morning, though, I found myself thinking, "I'm on a roll now and I KNOW that I WILL live without food for another week!"  In fact, I wondered yesterday if I am meant to go all the way through the home school convention and into the next week.  I certainly am willing to do whatever is meant for me to do.  Perhaps the home school convention is needing fasting, along with prayer, this year for some reason.
There was a box that came for me from Mercola.com too.  All right, it's confession time.  I have been doing something a little bit different this time around.  I fell in love with Dr. Mercola's whey protein powder.  He had a great deal on if you bought 6 containers of this delicacy, so I did. 
Truly, there were times on the first 4 cleanses (three 15 day ones and one 10 day one) when I was literally weak.  At those times, I'd allow my body the rest that it needed as it cleans out deeply junk that has built up in me over the past 5 decades. 
The trouble now is that I have a business where people depend on me to help them to get well.  I can't just lie around detoxifying and say, "Sorry that I can't help you for half a month but I'm doing the Master Cleanse, you see."
So, leave it to the Lord, He sent me Dr. Mercola's whey protein powder.  Yes, I am adding that to this master cleanse whenever I feel weak.  Within minutes I'm ready to go back to work and my brain just loves the stuff. 
Part of me feels like this isn't, "Perfect" because it's not sticking to the lemonade and herbal teas only.  However, I have made my peace over it and I understand that the perfect one, my loving Heavenly Father, knows exactly what I need to do every day.  Now that I'm resolved to this, I am loving THIS cleanse like none before it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now for the most exciting part of our day yesterday.  We got an email from Gail B., who is with our home school association, stating that the House of Representatives was going to vote on the home school bill TODAY.  She said, "PLEASE write to your representatives and ask them to support the bill IMMEDIATELY--so we did.

It was so funny to hear Cora in on her laptop typing away and Andrew in his bedroom typing away as I frantically typed out here in the dining room asking our Representatives to, "VOTE YES".    After that, we rushed through lunch (for me that meant lemonade) and listened to the House meeting in the boy's room.  I'll never know how Andrew figures out how to go to all of these places, but it sure is interesting living with him.  At first we were watching it but it couldn't bring it in that fast so we just listened.

As we sat on the edge of our seats, we heard the call for the vote and I prayed madly as this was a VERY important vote.  When the announcement came that they voted "YES" by a large majority, we were all grinning from ear to ear.  There is just something about being a part of the political process that is so fulfilling--especially when we win!

Of course, the battle is only half over as we'll need to go through all of the this again when our bill gets to the Senate side.  However, if the House had voted, "No" that would be the end of things.  We'd go back to the dark ages of home schooling in North Dakota. 

Well, we're loading calves to sell tomorrow in  Napoleon so I've got to get going.  Please keep us in your prayers--today for safety loading and hauling them and tomorrow for as good a price as possible.  I won't be able to attend the sale this time as I'll be seeing people in my Bismarck office--6 tomorrow.  OH HOW I LOVE BEING BUSY DOING THE WORK OF THE KING!!!
Later,

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...