Friday, April 29, 2011

Pray for Jacob

This morning Jacob accidentally grabbed the shoulder of a cow with the grapple fork.  We started working on her right away with the machine and, being I was busy, I didn't have a look.  It nagged me, though, so I had Jacob take me out to see how she was doing.  When I saw the wound, I gasped and had him speed me to the house to call the vet.

 After I described it to him, he was sure that she would need stitches.  When he said that, we went out to try get her into the barn but found her in the lake!!!  NO KIDDING!  Well, we had to get her out and nobody else volunteered, so I put garbage bags on my legs and walked in the lake and chased her out the other side.

Then she wouldn't go into the barn so the vet decided to stun her.  I just got a report that the surgery is complete and she has a 50/50 chance of pulling through.  PLEASE pray for the cow to make it so that Jacob only has a vet bill to pay as it is NOT his cow.  He is VERY upset--please send him your prayers too.

I'm wet, cold, tired, and grumpy but Sabbath is here.  My house is a mess, the cooking isn't done, but the Sabbath is here and it couldn't come at a better time.  PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS!

Dawn

3 comments:

Laura said...

Good Morning Dawn,

I am a blogger friend of your daughter, Cora Beth. My son, Joshua, also blogs with your son, Andrew. We live in Maine and have a small farm on the coast.

I just read about your mishap yesterday with the cow. Our prayers our with you all. I know how your heart must be breaking for Jacob...it is always so painful to see our children dealing with issues. We will be praying for the cow, for Jacob, and for all of you as well. I can just picture you heading into the pond...it sounds like something I would do!

I left a comment on Jacob's blog...hope it will be an encouragement to him.

Praying that you will have a restful and renewing Sabbath...
God bless,
Laura

Kimberly said...

Oh, poor Jacob! I will pray. May you have a good rest today dear Dawn.

Dawn Bornemann said...

Dear Laura,
How wonderful it was to hear from you this morning! I have longed to see Maine ever since we watched, "Sarah Plain and Tall."
We all chuckled here to read that you would have been the one to go into the pond at your farm too. :)
Thanks so much for your comment AND your prayers for Jacob AND the cow. My husband just said that the cow was up this morning, so that's a good sign, but she wasn't eating. She's not out of the woods yet so all prayers are welcome.
Isn't it wonderful how we can meet through our blogs? I plan on spending time at yours some time today!
I am wondering if your family rests today like ours does--just curious.
Kimberly, thanks for your prayers for Jacob--it's been very hard on him. I sure do need the rest today--it's been a long and extremely stressful week. Praise the Lord for Sabbath!! I hope that yours is as wonderful as you are! I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...