Sunday, December 25, 2011

Forver young

Guess who is focusing on being forever young today?  Yes, it IS my birthday but I am feeling so much younger having peeled off many of the layers that kept me bogged down in the past.

They had a party for me yesterday, seeing as Cora is working at the nursing home today, and the guys have much work that needs doing in the shop.  It was a lovely day for me, as it was the Sabbath, and we were all lazy together. 

In the morning, we showered and had our church.  We watched the 5th of a series on Preterism and it answered even more of the remaining questions that we had about the second coming of Christ to the Earth.  Our hymn sing was mostly Christmas songs so that was nice.  Even though we no longer observe Christmas in the ways that the world does, I still love the songs about Christ coming to Earth to be our Savior. 

After lunch, Cora directed me to the living room where I saw a pile of birthday presents waiting to be opened.  The first one was a bottle of wasabi paste to heat up my life--now THAT was a surprise.  Then Jacob gave me a cute little flashlight for my purse to light up my life.  It had 2 Samuel 22:29 inscribed which reads, "The Lord turns my darkness into light."  AMEN

Next there were 2 packages from Cora which proved to be enough snowmen place mats for us all plus a snowman table runner.  I was so excited as you can see in this photo.  ;)
Cora also gave me a set of lovely cutting boards.  Ours are in terrible shape and these are so lovely.  Has anyone seen cutting boards with pictures?  These gave me hope that Winter won't last forever. 
That's my exercise ball but everyone likes to use it for a chair, stool, or coffee table.  These 2 have always been very close which brings me great joy!  Perhaps you can see that large teddy bear near Cora and Andrew? 

Well, one year when they were very small and we were nearly penniless, God had me win him in the drawing in Bismarck.  We named him Trevor and that was the biggest present these 2 had ever seen.  Trevor has been leaned on; layed on; stepped on...... for 20 years and he was very dirty.  He's been in my closet for a few years now but last week I decided to see if I could get him cleaned up.  I was so pleased to see the improvement and he's back in the living room again.  Everyone is so glad to have him back with us again.
Here Jacob is bracing himself for the hug that I gave him.  He gave me the cutest kitchen timer in the world.  There's a pasture and barn on the base and this sweet Holstein on the top which you turn to set the clock.  There are even some daisies in the grass and a butter churn beside the cow.  It is SOOOO cute!

I received a variety of awesome DVDs for our family entertainment.  Because we all love THE GIFT OF THE MAGI, it came in a collection of 5 of O.Henry's short stories.

Last year we met Mrs. Miracle in the first Mrs. Miracle story and yesterday I received the second one.  Although I liked the actors better in the first one, this one touched on the plight of military families which was just awesome.  Mrs. Miracle seemed a little more pushy in this episode but then, I'm starting to realize, sometimes love DOES need a little push to get the ball rolling. 
 I received this lovely card from my mother-in-law on Friday when we were up in Mandan celebrating with them.  You can tell that my primary love language is WORDS OF AFFIRMATION as this card is worth tons more than the crisp $20 bill that was included.  Isn't it beautiful?

On the outside it reads, "Just for you, Daughter-in-law on your birthday and always."
On the inside it reads, "Having a daughter-in-law like you makes life a lot easier.  Thanks for being there so often, so willingly, so lovingly. Thanks for being you.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"  These words mean a lot to me today as I once again grieve an absent father.
 My children are incredible though.  I had been thinking of buying a skull and/or a skeleton.  In classes, the instructor often holds up the skull or the skeleton to point out which bone we're dealing with. 

Cora and Jacob gave me this set of 4 "Puzzles" to put together and then share with my clients.  So many times I have wished that I had a visual to show where in the body we're workings.  Now I do!!!
 This is a picture of Robert and Cora.  He must have been camera shy yesterday.
Today has been a wonderful day too although I didn't sleep in.  I got up planning to start my birthday with a BodyTalk session for myself.  I've been meaning to do this ever since I got home from Calgary and "Just haven't had the time."  TODAY IS THE DAY!  I still haven't done it yet, though, as there was a kitchen to clean up and lots of other things to do to return the house to normal after our wild and crazy party here yesterday.  ;)  It IS next on my agenda though.

Anyway, my day started with a phone call from my precious sister-in-the-Lord and heroine, Elizabeth Hanson.  She called to wish my a happy birthday which totally made my day.  Later in the morning I had a phone call from Robert's aunt who has been close to us since we lived in Bismarck.  She wished us all a Merry Christmas and me a happy birthday.  Then my brother, Russell, called for the same reason.  We talked almost an hour and it was so wonderful to have at least one family member who cares about me.  He really does and it means so much to me!

Then we had lunch; Cora went to work after we played a few piano duets; the guys headed out to the shop; and I am writing to all of you.  I must share with you about John now.  I met John in AnimaltalkMissoula this Summer and at Module 9 in Calgary a few weeks ago again.  In fact, John also wished me a happy birthday in an email this morning.  I checked my emails on my iPod first thing and found a birthday greeting from this new friend.

You know how Russell is my biological brother?  Well, I have brothers in the Lord too and they're just awesome.  Well, John is a BodyTalk brother--in other words, we speak the same language.  It is soooo nice to be able to talk to a man about family matrixes or cellular repair or active memories.............  We don't have any men BodyTalkers in North Dakota and I praise God that He gave me John as BodyTalk brother.  Actually I praise God for EVERYONE that He brings into my life and that includes YOU!

Well, it's my birthday and I'll do what I want to (how selfish, but then it only comes once a year) so I'm off to give myself that long awaited BodyTalk session.  Then I think I'll take a long soak in the whirlpool with the newly painted walls; fix us up some supper; and settle in with the guys to watch Irving Belin's WHITE CHRISTMAS which I also received for my birthday.  Oh, I forgot to say that the other movie I received for my birthday was FRIENDLY PERSUASION which was just awesome about a Quaker family.  What does thou think of this?

I WISH THEE A MERRY CHRISTMAS................

Dawn

2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

I'm very glad to hear thee had a happy birthday, Mother! ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry i missed your birthday,happybelated birthday! Gwen

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...