Sunday, December 18, 2011

To Calgary and Back

  Last week at this time I was talking to my family from Calgary, in Canada, via Andrew and my iPods.  I was a bit homesick, to be honest, but also wonderfully excited to be able to take Module 9 of the BodyTalk system.  Indeed, I was in very good hands as you will soon see.  I'll do my best to capture the delights of the trip and, seeing as it was ALL delightful, I am hoping that this post will delight you as well.

 I got up at 5:00 on Friday the 9th of December.  Actually I had slept very well with my BETAR sleep unit not yet packed.  As soon as the sleep was out of my eyes, I packed it in my suitcase as I knew better than try to sleep without it.  Being Robert went out and started the car for me, it was easy to grab an energy bar; my suitcase; check my purse for my passport and boarding passes, and head out into the frigid morning air.

I arrived at the airport around 7:30 to an empty terminal.  Just as I arrived, this awesome couple came who were such a blessing to me later on.  We went through security together which was easier than I had anticipated.  I wasn't sure when I would go through customs, so I had been nervous about that, but it didn't happen until I arrived in Calgary hours later.

We visited about our destinations and then I got something for breakfast.  I have learned that my digestive system takes being on airplanes better when there is something in it.  It was nice to relax for a bit and then I got the itch to take a walk.  Wouldn't you know it that when I was on the far side of the gate from where the Minneapolis jet would leave, I heard announced, "Would Dawn Bornemann please come to the Minneapolis desk." 

  That was a bit disconcerting but they only had to scan my passport because I hadn't been able to get the scanner to do it downstairs.  The couple who had adopted me said that sometimes it hadn't scanned theirs too.  Slowly the airport filled up and I was shocked to see one young man with SHORTS on as the temperature was 13 degrees BELOW zero when I had left home. 

  I also bought a small gift for my host and hostess from the airport shop in appreciation for letting me stay with them.  It was a refrigerator note pad with this guy sticking his tongue to a sign.  There was a thermometer with the state's "Motto" on the bottom.  It reads, 40 below, IT KEEPS OUT THE RIFF RAFF!  I'll tell you more about this later.  Maybe you can see BISMARCK and FARGO on the post.
The small jet was CRAMMED full of people and I sat with a young man named Tom who was a Captain in the National Guard.  Tom was telling me about flying into Iraq and how nothing can even compare to the "Excitement" of being in a plane that is dodging bullets and then suddenly drops out of the sky--BOOM.  Another interesting story he shared is what the Missouri looked like from the air this Spring when it was flooding and also about helping in Minot with that flooding situation.
That hour was quickly over and we found ourselves in the Minneapolis airport.  Here's a picture out the window of our jet.
I was so thankful for the awesome couple that I'd met, Neil and Beth, as we had to wait 20 minutes for them to bring a loading gate to our plane.  This left me about 45 minutes to find my plane for Calgary and I don't know my way around that monstrous building.  Their flight for Florida wasn't leaving until 3:00 so they took me over to my gate.  It had to be at least half a mile that we walked but it was fun to walk on the floor escalators (or whatever they're called) and it felt good to stretch my legs.

I was none to soon as, by the time I got to my gate, they were starting to board the first class passengers which I was not amongst.  I just had time to dig out my boarding pass when we could board and soon I was on my way to Calgary. 

This was a HUGE jet with only about 50 people so I had the whole row to myself.  I had fun looking out and watching the pilot control the ailerons.  It was super cool when he used the flaps to land.  This was a pleasant trip and I listened part of the time to my Chinese Energetics course that Andrew put on my iPod for me and slept the rest of the way.  I was surprised that I could relax enough to sleep but I told myself, "I sleep all the time in the car, when someone else is driving, so what's the difference?"
The landings usually make me the most nervous but I had great pilots the whole trip.  Everything was so smooth that it made me wonder why I have worried about this all of my life.  HMMMMMMMMM

Now, customs is certainly something I have never heard anyone even talk about, except Elizabeth.  One of her experiences was a little nerve racking, so that made me a bit nervous.  However the stewardess handed out the form on the plane that we needed to fill out to go through customs so I felt a bit prepared.

When we got off the plane, there were large arrows pointing towards customs which I followed along with the rest of the folks on that flight.  After going down and around and around and around and through and around, we came to a very large room. 



"My" customs officer was a man of Asian descent and was friendly enough when he asked me why I was in Canada.  I handed him the letter from Vilnis (the instructor's husband) and said, "I'm here to take a class."

I told him that I came from a farm but was not going to a farm.  There was a question on the form about coming from a farm and going to a farm. He asked in a concerned voice, "You have come from a farm?"  I told him again that, although I had come from my own farm, I was NOT going to a farm.  He smiled then and said something that I couldn't understand.  I smiled and said, "Pardon."  He spoke more slowly then and said, "NO WORRIES," and gestured for me to move on towards the baggage area.  That was when I realized that I had just been admitted into Canada and I thanked him.

A few moments later, I found myself warmly welcomed to Canada by an elderly gentleman who reminded me of someone from back home.  Vilnis had asked me to wait for him at the International gate, so I asked the gentleman if I was now at the International Gate.  He said, "Yes, maam, and you may find your ride over by those comfortable chairs." 

After I thanked him I headed in the direction that he had pointed.  I didn't see anyone who looked like the picture that Vilnis had sent to me so I went to exploring and found this.........  It was a remarkable statue of a group of about 10 horses and it was just stunning.  I tried to find someone to take my picture in front of it, but everyone was in a hurry to get somewhere.



Then I found the comfortable chairs right in front of a row of Christmas trees.  Although we don't keep Christmas anymore, it sure does make the world bright and cheerful.  I decided to take my own picture in front of these lovely specimens.
I went back to studying CHINESE ENERGETICS for about an hour.  Then I called the number that Vilnis had given me and got Sylvia instead.  She said, "Are you by the horses?"  I said, "Yes" and then she added, "Just sit tight, Vilnis was a little bit late heading for the airport but he'll be there soon."

About 20 minutes later, Vilnis himself stood in front of me and welcomed me to Canada.  He had picked up John at a different gate and we were waiting for Joyce.  John I recognized at once as we had both taken, "BodyTalk for Animals" in Missoula this past Summer.

Soon Joyce's plane emptied out and I met her too.  We all headed for the grocery store.  I was so thankful to be able to buy the things that I needed to stay on the GAPS diet and soon I found myself in Sylvia's kitchen.  Here she is.
Vilnis and I had both bought a roasted chicken, which was tantalizing to us hungry travelers, so we cut them up.  We put our veggies together into a tasty salad and hungrily ate our first meal together.  Here is Vilnis in the red shirt; John by his laptop; and Joyce.  John and Joyce were fellow students of Sylvia's and Vilnis, as her manager, was an absolutely wonderful host. 
After we cleared away the remains of our supper, Sylvia took us downstairs to their incredible TV room.  WOW--you're talking fancy!  She offered us our choice of movies and then left to go to finish things up for class.  It was so warm and comfortable and I was very much at home with my fellow BodyTalkers. 
Early the next morning, we had our individual breakfasts and headed over to the hotel where our class would be held.  Isn't Sylvia beautiful?  It was a spacious room with the massage tables around the outside of the room and the class tables in the middle.  My only regret at that point was that I had forgotten to take along a box of my favorite tea but there were lots of others to choose from. 

There were 22 of us in the class--21 students and one fantastic instructor.  We had come from all over Canada; 2 from Colorado; myself from North Dakota; and one special woman from Texas.  It didn't take long for Gabi to worm her way into my heart as Robert would say. 

  Joyce, who had taken Module 9 before, sat in the second row to leave room up front for us newbies.  I sat beside John right up front center and I recorded the whole class.  The energies in the room were fantastic as many healers joined together to learn more to better help our clients. 
This is the lobby of the hotel.  I thought that the wood was so lovely.
On Saturday for lunch, many of us walked to a restaurant which was called Y2K.  The food was wonderful but it cost me $13 so the second day I packed a lunch of my leftover veggies and chicken which was great.  Many of my classmates had also packed lunches and some had picked up food nearby.  At any rate, we all found ourselves gathered together around these tables which is just below our classroom which you can see the doors too up above.  The group had pushed together about 6 tables and we were all of one accord as we shared ideas of how to better help others to regain their health.
This lovely fireplace was glowing warmly all throughout the class time,
and these cute snowmen greeted us as we came and went from the hotel.
John, Joyce, and I helped Vilnis and Sylvia to pack up their many massage tables, Sylvia's teaching materials; and the snack supplies.  It was less than an hour until we were down in the lobby with everything and loading it into their vehicles.  My Grandma Elizabeth used to say, "Many hands make light work," and she was right.
When we got back to the house that night after class was over, the bushes outside were covered with snow.  It had snowed all day and I was trying not to get nervous about our flights the next morning.  We had a wonderful supper together, though, and I relaxed.  Vilnis then helped me to print my boarding passes which really calmed me down so, after talking to my family, I watched a movie with everyone.  It ended at 1:00 AM and by that time, I was too tired to be nervous about customs, flights..
We all slept as long as possible and had our last meal together.  I asked Sylvia for a picture with her for the local newspaper and she complied.  Here we are in their lovely home in front of the steps I used to get to their "Sparest of spare rooms".  :)  It really was a lovely room filled with books but I was either too tired; in too much of a hurry; or talking to my family to get a picture of it.  Silly me.
After hugging Sylvia for about the 3rd time, we left with Vilnis who was once again our chauffeur.  I was so thankful for Joyce as she led me through the steps of going through customs the other way around.  There is a big table where everyone fills out the form for passing through borders and I just had to ask John if he was over the $10,000 limit.  He said, and I chuckle as I recall it, "UM, I'll have to check."

This room was very similar to the customs room entering Canada.  Vilnis had said that there are 3 cities large enough in Canada to have American customs agents right at the airport and one of them is Calgary.  Did I mention that 1.2 MILLION people live in Calgary which is MORE THAN THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA! 

These customs agents were also in bullet-proof cubicles which amazed me.  Who would want to shoot at them?  There were only a few questions here that I answered to their satisfaction and then the officer smiled at me and said, "Welcome home."  Those words were so wonderful although I knew that I still was 1,600 miles from home.  Still, it was so nice to be able to put customs behind me.

Joyce and I found our gates, with just a little help from an airport official.  Joyce seemed surprised that he was willing to help me find mine but I seem to have a way of looking pathetic at just the right moment.  Perhaps it's because I really AM terrified at those moments?

After that, I realized that my breakfast had been very skimpy and that I wouldn't get anything to eat until 4:00 if I didn't grab some lunch there.  Joyce sat with me until her flight was ready to board.  She was such a wonderful "Mother" figure for me and I rejoiced that the Lord had provided her for me.

After I saw her off, I headed over to my gate and saw the most enormous Christmas tree that I have ever seen.  I mean it's diameter had to have been at least 15 feet and it towered up at least 20 feet.  I headed over to my gate to let them know that I was there and commented about the tree to the gate attendant.  He said that there are 2 of them that size in the Calgary airport and that it takes 4 days to put them up.  I then quickly went back to take a picture of it and returned to my gate just as boarding had begun.
The takeoff was great and soon I saw this out of my window.  This flight was just glorious as the Rockies towered along the edges of Calgary and the sun shone warmly on my face.  "My goodness, your world is a lovely place," I contentedly prayed.
This photo can't begin to capture that glorious moment, but those are the clouds.  AAAAH
I arrived safely in the Minneapolis airport and asked for directions.  The woman said in broken English, "You go down that hallway; take a left; take a right at .......... then take the tram to............  then ..........  then make a left at.................  My head was spinning.

OR you can catch a ride most of the way in that golf cart over there.  "How much does that cost?" I asked. 

"Nothing," she replied, and I was off.  I would have to spend a LOT of time there before I would ever know my way around.  However, my driver knew and he got me within about 2 city blocks of my gate and the rest was no problem.  PRAISE THE LORD.

I was early this time so I called home and got the grocery list from Cora.  I called Robert to tell him that I was doing fine and I called Elizabeth but learned that she had just made a "Quick trip to Canada." 

I was relaxing a bit when this lady came and sat beside me.  Now who do you think she reminded me of?  Yes, she talked and moved her head just like you, Kimberly!  I learned that the man in her life is named, "Robert" and then we talked like old friends. 

I was so happy when we got off the plane at Bismarck, that her Robert had come with his parents to pick her up as she had told me that she had a 4 hour drive home yet that night.  I really came to quickly enjoy this lady named Faith.
When I got back to my car, I needed to add a little air to my tire and then it was out the toll booth.  After picking up those groceries, I was on my way home.  The trip was over in a blink as I relived all of the wonderful times together up in Calgary with other BodyTalkers who are at my level. 

  Cora was at work but the guys greeted me warmly and helped me carry all of my trip things and the groceries into the house.  As I ate my supper, I told the guys all about my trip and I kept getting sleepier and sleepier.  Soon I could hardly keep my eyes open anymore, which I'm sorry to say, was a bit of a disappointment to Cora when she returned just as I was heading to bed.

HOWEVER, the following morning I was able to see her "Project" that she told me that she was working on when I was sitting in the Minneapolis airport.  If you follow her blog, you already know how the wonderful girl painted my wretchedly ugly hydrotherapy room.  Here are some pictures of the remarkable transformation. 

She even washed the curtains,
and bought a new rug,
and painted the trim around the window.  What a remarkable daughter I have!!!
Here she is!

On closer inspection, I saw that she had hung these lovely little stars all around the house.  There's 2 by the stove,

 3 by my herbs, and 3 on the mantel.  It's amazing how something so little can brighten the spirits.
 This marvelous idea is so simple that it's embarrassing that I didn't think of it sooner.  Instead of the table sitting there with everything scattered all over the world, she set it up providing another layer for our grains and veggies.  Pretty cool, Cora!

Well, was it worth it?  ABSOLUTELY!  As I recall, every session that I did last week had at least one matrix issue involved in it.  I just did a session for Cora that had 2 and it is so exciting to see how the shifts are much larger when group dynamics are taken into account.

As mentioned, I have a new friend named Gabi, since class.  We worked on each other a week ago and WOW--the results have been awesome.  Her marriage is better already and she formed an energetic bond from my father to me and one to me from my father.  I have never felt this before in my entire life and I am eager to see what will come of it!

It seemed like the whole class was geared to encouraging me to consider having a relationship with my father should he ever decide that he wants one.  The session that John did on me was geared at helping me with men too, so I am excited about the healing that came my way during class!  God is so incredible to bring people together who can help each other in ways that nobody else can at JUST THE RIGHT TIME!

Speaking of time, I need to go do another session, but I thank each one of you who read through this entire narrative.  I pray that you were blessed in some way to seek your healing in the areas that God leads you to--even BodyTalk if that holds the answers that you are seeking at this time.

Have a great week everybody!

Love always,

Dawn 

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Dawn, I loved reading through your post. I'm so happy that things went so smoothly and I can't wait to get some of the benefits of your new training in my next session. How sweet that you were reminded of me on your way home. I love you.

Dawn Bornemann said...

Hi Kimberly,
Cora said that she didn't remind her of you all that much, but you would have had to have heard her and watch her move her head. She could have been your sister. :)
Have a great week!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...