Monday, October 8, 2012

News flash

I'm wondering if Facebook is rubbing off on me.  I am tired and heading for bed but want to share what's new in my life.  You know me, and how I like to explain everything, but what went through my head was something like this.

I was going to do a distance session tonight for a client but I couldn't get her on the phone for some reason.  Then I came out in the kitchen and found Andrew cleaning the IV tube which was strange.  When he told me that Sally had calved and had milk fever, I switched gears and did the session for Sally instead.  Please pray for her to pull through as Cora found her during chores by the groaning coming from behind the poll barn.

We had a LOT of people here this weekend which I just loved.  We were so thankful for the heated shop as it was VERY cold and we woke to snow the morning of the shoot.  Praise God for His provision of the heated shop.

 My first order of colostrum came the first day of the shoot which was awesome as I recall all of us getting sick after our last shoot in October 3 years ago.  Colostrum builds the immunity in a fantastic way and I insisted that everyone take it--even our guests.

Cora made Rifleman.  So did Lauretta Leppert and Andrew from Aberdeen.  Jacob scored a 209 but Alex wouldn't give him the orange hat for lack of 1 point.  I'm glad that standards are high in the AppleSeed program. 

Jerome came to the shoot.

So did my friend, Virginia, and we were neighbors groaning together for 2 days in the cold and from all of the ups and downs involved in an Appleseed.

The guys built a new outhouse for the shooting range and it was greatly appreciated!

I never scored my AQTs as I'm not interested in focusing on failure.  I could tell that it wasn't good enough to spend Andrew or Alex's time scoring it.  The arthritis was much WORSE because of the cold and I took a good many breaks.

I have a new friend--Deb who is another IIT's wife.  She just broke a bone in her foot so we were partners in misery.  Both of us felt much worse in the cold than in the heated shop so I went and got all of the extra blankets and folks wrapped up in them.  Sarena L. looked like a Jewish babushka--so adorable but still shooting and pumping out those Rifleman scores.

Everyone had lots of fun playing volleyball in the dark as Robert bought a light for the court and Andrew went up in the loader bucket to attach it to the pole on Friday morning.  In fact, my entire family is out there playing right now.

Our friend, Virginia, came over Friday afternoon to help Cora and I prepare food.  Everyone brings food to share but I wanted to make sure that we had soup to warm us up with.  On Saturday I served potato and meatball soup and the kettle was licked clean.  On Sunday it was chili but there were leftovers which we had today.

We all enjoyed the time that Paul Sorum spent here with us.  His son was shooting both days and Paul was busy as he's put his name on the ballot for Governor.  When Virginia called him, "Governor Sorum" he was modest and said, "I'm not Governor yet."  I said, "Yes you are--in OUR minds."  He just smiled.

Tomorrow I'm teaching a private Reiki class to a client who has breast cancer.  We couldn't get any Sundays to work out for her as she drives down from the Minot area for radiation and she's finished with that now, so I'm teaching her individually.

Now I need to go study a bit and review things and print her certificate and get a good night's sleep and set my machine for Sally.  I'm listening to my happy family getting exercise and improving their volleyball skills as I write.  I'm thinking of the wonderful email that Andrew received from the other IIT and his wife about how much they enjoyed their time with our family and how special we all are.

I can't recall the last time that I was this happy and so, even though this writing is rather sloppy and certainly a bit like reading "Reader's Digest" I hope that you can sense how rich and full my life is.  Many thanks to all of you for the part you play in it.  I love you all!!!

God bless,

Dawn
My son Andrew, an instructor in training!
 My dog, Millie, a great Appleseed addition!
 My home sweet home--a firing range where folks can come and learn together!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

It sounds like in spite of the cold weather you had a wonderful weekend. May you be blessed for opening your ranch and home for this great project. I love the picture of Millie.

Miss you!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...