Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Poetry therapy?

I was wanting to put a poem about healing on here tonight so I goodged HEALING POETRY.  I was pleased and surprised to find that there are people using poetry for therapy.  You can read about this here:  http://www.pbs.org/programs/healing-words/

Here's a sample that I found that really brought back memories.  Maybe I need to write one called, "Talking about Dawn."

Talking About Sallie

One
Sallie makes jokes and asks about how everyone is
and deflects any mention of Sallie.


Two

When pressed, Sallie minimizes and says,
"Oh I think these are things that everyone goes through."


Three
Sallie becomes more honest and will say
"I'm not into denial, but I am into avoidance."


Four
Sallie realizes, after sufficient physical catastrophes,
that avoidance and denial are killers.


Five
Sallie is now open about her life.


Six
Sallie talks about her life more than she ever dreamed she would.
--Sallie Ann Harrison

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...