Thursday, August 28, 2014

A deep thinker

I've been cleaning out my book cabinet today and "Just happened" to find an old poetry book of my mother's.  Seeing as I love most poetry, I thought I'd see if I could find something to feed my soul a bit.  When the book fell open to a poem called, "Little things" I was intrigued and read it.  OH WOW.  I'll share it with you now and you can decide for yourself if it's "Little things" of which the author Adam Ochsner writes in his book WESTERN POEMS AND OTHERS.  I can certainly tell that Mr. Ochsner is a deep thinker.  ENJOY!


                                                         LITTLE THINGS
                                                        by Adam Ochsner


A little help from many hands
Has fed the starved in many lands;
A little smile from a passing friend
Will help the soul with trouble bent.

A little pride as friends we meet,
Without a smile, too proud to greet;
Tends them to hate and turn away
And make us rue the act some day.


A little work as on we roam,
Through life, ere long, will make a home;
A little turn for crooked ways,
So soon will bring on sorry days.


So little things in life are great,
In making friends or causing hate;
So little turns of right or wrong,
Make life a sad or happy song!


Do you see why I loved it?  Do you see why I am eager to stick my nose into this old book some more?  I think I know what I'm going to take with to family camp to read in my "Spare" time.  Usually I don't have any spare time at camp as there are so many wonderful people to visit with.  However, I am in the habit of having a book with me at all times for those, "Just in case" moments! 


I have a feeling that you'll all be seeing more poetry here soon!


God bless and hugs and all the rest,

Dawn

No comments:

Are you Ready to Reign?

 Hi everyone,   It's getting busy here as Winter has officially ended!!  YAY  When the temps reach the upper 60s and lower 70s, I would ...