Friday, July 1, 2016

The beginners guide to Sabbath

 
 
 
Every week about now my family and I are just about exhausted.  We work HARD for 6 days every week and then on the Sabbath we rest hard!  We do very little other than worship the Lord; fellowship with each other and guests; and REST. 
 
Our very first Sabbath observance was the week that Jacob was born so we're going on 21 years of enjoying this bliss.  Keeping the Sabbath has been an immense blessing to me and to my family!  If you have never done so, I urge you to do NO work from Friday night at sunset to Saturday night at sunset.  Focus on God and His marvelous creation and you WILL fall in love with the Sabbath as it has been blessed by God since the creation.
 
Anyway, I was looking for a resource to share with those of you who have not yet become aware of the joy of the Biblical day of rest.  Here is an excellent resource for you that I find easy to understand.  I pray that these words will not fall on deaf ears but that He will water my efforts with abundant growth and sweet peace in many more Sabbath keeping homes!
 
Enjoy!

Dawn
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...