Monday, July 25, 2016

Pretty girls vs ugly girls

Were you a pretty girl in high school?  Were you an ugly girl in high school?  I was most definitely an ugly girl in high school and to this day I still have my doubts that anything has changed!
 
This song came out the very year that I was 17.  I remember seeing the boy that I thought was the coolest thing since sliced bread driving by with my cute, little cheer leader neighbor girl.  They had just driven by the drive-in and, as I sat crying at how ugly I was, THIS song played on the radio.  It was the first time that I ever heard it and the words haunted me and they still do!

The hope that this song gave me was enough to keep me from pulling the trigger.  The hope that it gave me, though, wasn't real.
 
You see, I've come to see that those who were pretty girls in high school STILL see themselves that way decades later.  YES, the opposite is true too!!  You see, I've never gotten over being an ugly girl and I feel it's bight over and over.
 
It can be such a little thing but, when a pretty girl laughs and all the men in my life laugh along with her--I am STILL the ugliest girl in the world.
 
I don't suppose that it will ever change.  Thanks to my brothers who convinced me that I was so ugly that nobody would ever love me, I have known of my ugliness all my life!!  If I could ever think of a healthy revenge for how they have ruined my life, I'd do it.  For now, though, all I can say to them is this--congrats--YOU WON!!  I know that I am ugly through and through.  Nothing that I ever do will change that fact! 
 
Ugly Dawn
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...