Thursday, March 23, 2017

ANOTHER Gloomy day

If I'm honest, this is the hardest time of year for me.  I know that Winter is going to be cold, dark, and gloomy for months at a time.  I get it. I live in North Dakota--what can I expect?

Then it starts to warm up.  The snow melts.  The birds return.  People order garden seeds.  The sun shines again.

No wait!  THE SUN SHINES AGAIN??    Right?

We woke up to rain this morning and everything went downhill from there.  After all the snow we had this Winter, the mud is more than usual, and it's causing troubles.  Yesterday the guys got a semi truck stuck up at the plant.  We don't need MORE moisture right now--for lots of reasons.  I'm thinking of people who are calving too!

At any rate, my spirits hit a new low this morning.  After doing a couple of BodyTalk sessions for clients, I feel a little better like at least I accomplished SOMETHING with my morning.  BUT THE GLOOMIES!!!

I don't know if you ever get tired of my sharing Booth Brother's songs with you but they are my sure-fire way to feel brighter and cheerier so I turned to them again.  I think it's their way of singing about THIS TYPE OF DAY that is so encouraging to me!

As I listened to this song, I loved the reference of turning from the dark to the light.  That's what I will do right now.  Sometimes I feel guilty for writing, when I am in the dumps, but I know that there must be others out there in the depths of despair too!

This song is for you!  May it bring sunshine to your soul!

Dawn

No comments:

Are you Ready to Reign?

 Hi everyone,   It's getting busy here as Winter has officially ended!!  YAY  When the temps reach the upper 60s and lower 70s, I would ...