Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I'm a mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is a tremendously special day for me!!  You see, 30 years ago today my first child came out of my womb and into the world!

I never knew how tremendously being a mother would change my life.  I can still remember the shock that shook my frame when these words sunk into my being, "I'm a mom now!  Like my mom is my mom, now I am Cora's mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nothing could have prepared me for being a mom.  Although I had read a lot of books about being a mom, NOTHING could have prepared me for the love that I would feel for my daughter and later my 2 sons who lived.  I even have a wonderful love for the many children that Robert and I have sent to live with Jesus already!  They are my children, too, and some day I will get to live with them and learn to love the wonderful things about each one of them!!!!  I am glad that we'll have eternity together to get to know each other!!

My now adult children just don't get how much their papa and I love them.  They don't get how we have worked our rears off to give them a good life and an opportunity in the business world.  They can't grasp how much effort it took me to grow and cook all their food while I was ill most of the time.  They don't have a clue what it's like to home school a child from elementary school through high school let alone 3 of them.  I hope that they never know the agony it was for me to try to figure out if I should do the laundry first or get school started and then stick some dirty clothes in the washer.  Perhaps I should do the milking before everything else seeing as it's half an hour late and the udders are full.  WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?

How could our children possibly know all that we have done for them?  How can they until they're 30 years down the road of parenthood themselves?

That's why this post isn't about my wonderful children--although they are all tremendous people!  This post is about ME!!!  How utterly selfish can I get?????  Dare I blow my mind and say in public that I AM FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO IS MY HUSBAND, ROBERT!!!!!!!!!

If you beg to disagree, go ahead.  You weren't here the past 30 years but I was.  Yes, God is the truly amazing one to guide me through life and to let me raise 3 of my 20 children for Him!  BUT I CHOSE HIM EVERY DAY EVERY STEP OF THE WAY AND I'M AMAZING FOR THAT!!!!

I hope that you'll enjoy this tribute to motherhood as much as I have.  YAY MOMS!!!!  YAY ME!!!!!!!!

Dawn

No comments:

Are you Ready to Reign?

 Hi everyone,   It's getting busy here as Winter has officially ended!!  YAY  When the temps reach the upper 60s and lower 70s, I would ...