Tuesday, May 2, 2017

To LIFE!!!

I thought about my miscarried children as I read this.  I thought of how bland life was after I lost each child. How empty................

Yet the end of this poem is true, too.  Sooner or later, the joys of life would make themselves apparent to me again.  Sooner or later, LIFE would become worth living again.

To those of you who are grieving today, I hope that this poem brings you the comfort that life itself IS joy!

Hugs,

Dawn


The Thing Is
by Ellen Bass
to love life, to love it even
when you have no stomach for it
and everything you’ve held dear
crumbles like burnt paper in your hands,
your throat filled with the silt of it.
When grief sits with you, its tropical heat
thickening the air, heavy as water
more fit for gills than lungs;
when grief weights you like your own flesh
only more of it, an obesity of grief,
you think, How can a body withstand this?
Then you hold life like a face
between your palms, a plain face,
no charming smile, no violet eyes,
and you say, yes, I will take you
I will love you, again.

No comments:

Are you Ready to Reign?

 Hi everyone,   It's getting busy here as Winter has officially ended!!  YAY  When the temps reach the upper 60s and lower 70s, I would ...