Friday, May 26, 2017

It's coming back





  Perhaps it was during all of those miscarriage years, that it happened.  It might have been dealing with cancer or shingles on my brain but sometime in the past 2 decades I lost my voice.  );

  God gave me a beautiful singing voice and I am so glad that He did.  That's probably why I was able to survive my childhood.  Eating my mother's cooking and singing with my parents were the only 2 things that I remember being praised for.  Well, other than working.................

  I didn't notice that I had lost my voice so much when Michael and Cora asked me to sing for their wedding.  That's probably because Michael's sister played the piano for me as I sang.  Some of my childhood family members and I used to sing a LOT while I still lived at home!  It was so much fun to hear the close harmony and to feel somewhat like a family must feel!

  Well, I sure knew it when I was rehearsing to sing at Andrew and Marie's wedding.  I knew that I had lost my voice somewhere.  I COULDN'T STAND THE SOUND COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!  I remember calling Elizabeth crying because I had agreed to sing for my son's wedding and now I knew that I sounded like crap!!!  How could I do that to my son?  How could I sing for his wedding knowing that my voice was GONE!!!!

  Well, I did LOTS of energy work on myself before the big day and, I have to admit, that I didn't sound as terrible as I was sure that I would.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!! 

  Still, after I was home again, I knew that I had sung for the last time in public.  I clearly remember saying at the supper table, which now seated only Robert, Jacob, and myself, that I had sung for the last time in public.

  You have to imagine my surprise when Jacob blurted out, "THANKS A LOT, MOM!" 

  I had to ponder this a little bit.  What was he saying?  Had Jacob opened up his mind to the thought of getting married some day?  Would he really WANT me to sing at his wedding when I no longer had a "Singing for weddings"  voice? 

  That moment changed me. 

  Jacob deserved his mother to sing at his wedding too!!

  I sang at both of his siblings weddings, as I had sung for dozens of weddings before theirs.  Why couldn't I sing at Jacob's wedding too?  Why couldn't I get my voice back?

  That was the start of it.

  Then one day I was talking with a close friend and suddenly I wanted to sing again.  I recall vividly that I told Paula, "I think I'm going to get my voice back."  She laughed and said, "God told me that you were going to get your voice back some day."

  Then, one day shortly after that, when I was doing dishes, I started to sing like I used to do before my health deteriorated so badly that no music came out of my mouth.  I just sang along with the music I was listening to, most likely the Booth Brothers, and my voice was there.  It was strong for just a few moments, but I heard it.  I'm crying now to think that this could happen to me.  Aren't washed up singers washed up?

 This morning a friend asked for suggestions of songs to use at their family fun days.  She wanted the group to sing songs that they enjoy and quick as a wink I wrote to her that she could lead the group in the praise chorus, LORD I LIFT YOUR NAME ON HIGH!

  Then, I had to look it up.

  Then I had to listen to it.

  Then I had to share it with you all.

  Then I sang along.

  TEARS OF JOY.

  I heard my powerful voice as I sang praises to my King!!!  I heard it strong and clear like when I was young. 

  How can this be?

  All I can think is that, if the Father wants me to sing again, I'LL SING--even if it's just to Him in my kitchen. 

  LORD I LIFT YOUR NAME ON HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!

  Dawn

  

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...