Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Elsie's TWO


  I have very little time to write but wanted to share this photo.  Elsie turned 2 last Sabbath and we were there to help make her day special.  Cora served sub sandwiches for lunch to nearly 50 people. On Friday we went to the garden to pick things needed for the subs.

  We picked cucumbers and lettuce and tomatoes and peppers.  The party was awesome.  Perhaps I'll have time to share party photos later but this one is of Elsie and me smelling the roses or whatever flowers they were. I can't remember.

 The JOY of being close to my grandchildren is unimaginable.  Still, being close to my children is greater. I am so proud of my girl!!!  What an amazing hostess she is.  What an absolutely incredible wife and mother is my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Now that I am back here in  North Dakota again, this photo is even more precious.  I just went over across the road to water Cora's plants and to dig some potatoes for supper.  The emptiness without them is unbearable today.  I loved helping Cora prepare for Michael and Elsie's birthday parties.  Now that is over and I am here and unable to help my daughter there.

  As you might imagine, I've been rather glum today.  As I prepared supper, I heard this song and the Lord encouraged me through it.  I can't walk across the road to help Cora anymore.  I can't just pop in and snuggle babies while she runs out to chores.  Those days are over.  However, as the song says, I can pray for them and it WILL help them.  Thank you Father for sending me this song this evening.

  If you are with the ones you love on a regular basis, you are blessed!!!!  If not, then pray for them.  It helps take away the bite of loneliness knowing that Father will help them in whatever way they need it most!!

  Much love for all who love others who are far away,

  Dawn

PS.  I will remember forever Elsie's tiny little voice saying, "TWO," whenever anyone asked her how old she is now.  Yes, our memories can help too!


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...