Wednesday, August 21, 2019

OH NO!

Woman Phoning Insurance Company To Report Car Damage

Dear friends,

I was having the time of my life last night on my way home from the city.  I had picked up my new glasses in Walmart and I was amazed at how far I could see.  I was looking off into the distance on our County road after I left the Interstate.  I was praising God for the right glasses so that I could actually see so far!!

Then I noticed 3 deer bouncing along in the ditch ahead of me a ways.  I slowed down and prayed that they would stay in the ditch.  As I got closer to them I was down to about 30 mph.  That was when I noticed the deer out in front making his way up to the road so I blasted my horn which has always worked in the past. This time, though, it seemed to confuse the animal as he kept coming closer.

 I really laid on the brakes then but not early enough.  I was swerving away when he hit my car.  There was a terrible thunk and my heart sank.  With my peripheral vision, I saw that he flew into the air and then landed behind me.  By the time I got stopped, I was a bit down the road from the poor beast.  Did I mention that it was near dark?

So I got out to look at the damage in what light was left.  Actually I was relieved when I walked around my car to see that it didn't look as terrible as I had imagined.  I called Robert and told him what happened and he said to come on home and he'd look the car over when I got there.

Well, sad to say, it's going to take some dollars to repair the damage.  Some part of the deer hit right above the light on the passenger side.  There is a dent there and a little blood.  Then it's body pushed the front part of the car back into the door which no longer opens.  );

I was planning on taking my car, with the trunk half full of hoagie buns for Elsie's party, to MN tomorrow.  Now I don't know what to do as my mother-in-law is going along with me. I suppose that she can slide in from the driver's side as the front passenger door does NOT open.

What's worse is that my legs are really hurting.  I did a lot of walking yesterday and stress always makes the MS worse.  I'm writing to ask you to pray for me.  I have so much work to do before I can leave and my legs feel like they are simply worn out.  Is there a new leg store anywhere near you?

I appreciate you praying for me!!!!  In the past when I asked you for prayers, I felt better and better.  I thank you and offer you my prayers in return.

God bless you all!!!!

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...