Sunday, August 18, 2019

I PASSED!!!

Hi everyone,

I am happy to announce that I passed my concealed carry test yesterday.  It's hard to believe that it's five years since Cora and I  took the class.  It was hard not to have her here with me but the Lord provided another shooting buddy who shall remain nameless.  It was a blessing not to have to sit in a class with men all by myself and, oh yes, she passed too! 

I told her on the way home that, had Jacob decided to take the class with us, he would have said, "That's a class of old fooggies."  She laughed.  When I mentioned it to Robert, he said, "Well, when you were Jacob's age, what would you have called a class of everyone over 60?"  I thought a minute and replied, "I probably would have said that it was a class of old farts."  He said, "Ah Hu."

It was great!  We all had lots of questions and some ideas that we'd gained through living into our 60s.  Everyone in class passed although it took the "Older" gentleman in his mid-70s two attempts to make it--we can try three times.  He was amazing.  He could hardly get down on his knees for the second round of shooting but he did it TWICE.  Of course I was praying for him and my friend and I were cheering him on.

Even if you never want to carry, I would urge you to take Paul's class.  It's good to know what the law is but even better to know what to do if you're ever attacked.  Somehow, when Paul acts out how someone who isn't a strong person can prevent being attacked, it makes me feel safer.  EVERYONE needs to be thinking about self defense these days.

It was an awesome experience and I drove home to an absolutely stunningly beautiful North Dakota sunset.  The sky was vibrant with color and I praised God for allowing me to live in such a beautiful place.  As I drove by the corn fields, on the winding road home, several deer ran by and I delighted to see them bounce along as light as feathers. 

I can't recall being so happy since we learned that Cora was moving away!!!!  The world is a beautiful place and I am so privileged to be alive now when God has brought us so many wonderful healing tools!  The prophets are saying that God is sending His angels more and more to help people find their way back to Him.  I've been praying for 25 years for the Third Great Awakening to come to our planet and it's coming!

Recently I heard a great sermon about not dreading the darkness around us.  The pastor summarized his thoughts by saying, "As the world darkens, the light shines even brighter."  Let's all shine for Jesus/Yeshua this week for we have many MANY blessings!!!

Love to all,

Dawn

PS.  I'm wishing now that I had stopped and taken a photo of the extravagant painting in the sky Father sent me last night.  This doesn't even come close to it's magnificence but you get the idea!

Image result for prairie sunset with cornfield photos




No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...