Tuesday, August 20, 2019

NOT YET!!

The guys are very busy at our seed cleaning facility as the small grain harvest is in full swing here in the Dakotas.  We've been eating potatoes and onions and zucchini out of the garden. This is a wonderful time of year but there is one drawback.  The daylight hours are getting shorter and Fall is in the air a bit in the mornings.

I've fought Fall my whole life.  Summer is MY time of year.  Why does it have to be soooo short????
As I thought of what to share with all of you today, I was looking for an "End of Summer" poem even though that is a hurtful topic for a Summer lover like me.  None of the poems I read gave me any hope and then I added the word "Christian" at the beginning of my search.  Look at this treasure the Lord led me to.  WOW

If you're like me, you will be sucking up all of the rays you possibly can.  Actually I'm enjoying these days more than in July when it is SOOOOO hot!  Still, I know that Winter is coming and it lasts a VERY long time this far North.  So, as I ponder the value of each and every day, I know that time is short!!

Many people will die today without knowing how very much God loves them and for that I grieve.  I started this blog nearly 10 years ago to give people hope of a better life.  Jesus said, when He lived on the Earth, "I have come to give them life and life ABUNDANT!!  I love Him so much for the abundance that He pours into me every day!!!!

May this poem fill you with purpose today. If you know Jesus as your personal Savior, PLEASE share Him with others.  Every day and every season is a good time to tell others how much God loves them!!

Hugs,

Dawn

          It’s Always               Harvest Time ~

The Harvest used with permission Doorpost Verses on Facebook
Not just at harvest time,
do we need to have a reason
we can plant seeds of hope
in and out of every season.
We can reap souls to Jesus,
no matter the time of year
it doesn’t have to be Autumn
harvest time is always here.
Seeds of faith can be planted,
into the hearts of everyone
whether under snowy covers
or the warm blanket of the sun.
We can gather in the lost,
bring back a wandering soul
it doesn’t have to be Fall
for the harvest God controls.
It’s always harvest time,
we don’t need to have a reason
we can sow seeds of eternal hope
in and out of every season!
~~~~~~~
Luke 10:2
“Therefore said he unto them,
The harvest truly is great,
but the labourers are few:
pray ye therefore the Lord
of the harvest, that he would
send forth labourers into his harvest.”
King James Version
by Public Domain
Copyright 2014
Deborah Ann Belka

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...