Sunday, February 23, 2020

THIRTY pounds?

It is with great trepidation that I even ponder this topic.  I am inspired by my daughter's message this morning that she lost 30 pounds while eating plenty of nourishing foods.  I knew that she went back on "Trim, Healthy Mama" last September but at that time I thought to myself, "NO THANK YOU!"

You see, we did "Trim Healthy Mama" together about 10 years ago.  We were faithful and stayed on it over a year.  I kept getting sicker and sicker until I learned that I am allergic to almonds.  The "Trim Healthy Mama" plan uses almonds quite a bit as you drink almond milk and use almond flour in everything!   So I wrote the whole thing off as a bad experience and, without my doing it with her, my daughter wandered away from it as well.

So when I was in MN painting, my daughter told me that she found some cook books from a gal who "Really can cook," using the same principals.  It may be more precise to say that she cooks the way we do.  So I've been rolling it around in my brain again.

I've asked Cora several times to send me over the link to those cookbooks.  I was mildly interested when she had lost 25 pounds while eating all kinds of wonderful foods.  I was interested enough to say to her that I couldn't do the program again because now I know that I'm allergic to almonds.

My very smart and informed daughter commented, "But Mom, she uses coconut oil and coconut flour instead of the almonds."  HMMMMMMMM

Cora knows that I am a strong lover of coconut products from HEALTHY TRADITIONS.  This product of there's doesn't even taste like coconut although they have plenty that do if you like everything tasting like coconut.  lol  https://healthytraditions.com/collections/coconut-oil/products/coconut-oil-organic-expeller-pressed-1-quart

So, once again, today I asked Cora to send me over the link to the cookbooks that follow the same principals but without the emphasis on almonds and with a more simple approach to food preparation.  Here it is:  https://www.briana-thomas.com/e-books-and-cookbooks/?fbclid=IwAR3LCslQ4cGE0AT1C4SL46moT15Ug273llLyPVvocXS-FEi79gVVXx0AHDo

So I have to ask myself, "What will happen if I don't get back on the plan?"  This frame of mind led me to this video which really has me thinking about staring over again.  Perhaps you'll join me in pondering this?

It helps me that this gal in the video thought, like I did, that the original book was much too complicated for a busy mom to take in.  They even had a chapter on sex.  SERIOUSLY?  I need recipes!!!!!!!!!

So, if you take the time to watch the video, you'll learn that there are 3 rules to follow. 1. No sugar--yes stevia.  2. Separate fats from carbs at meals.  3.  Protein is needed at every meal.

I hope I've gotten you curious to watch the video even if you don't have a wight problem.  Many health problems can be resolved by eating this way. 

Pondering again,

Dawn


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...