Tuesday, October 20, 2020

HIS strange ways

 I've been preparing myself mentally and physically to work on the election board on the big day. I've worked it for the past 5 elections but this one is different.  This election is during COVID 19 and the numbers are really soaring here in North Dakota.

  I'm not worried for myself, as I've already had it, and built up immunity to it.  I am concerned for those who chose to come in and vote. I'm also concerned about our day being peaceful.  I may have shared this before but it's worth noting that half of us working our local election are half Republican and half of us are Democrats.  UG.

  I got the letter yesterday telling me about the training for election day.  COVID has even changed that.  The Clerks come in the morning and the Judges and the Inspectors come in the afternoon.  This way there won't be so many people in the small-ish Commissioner's room where the training takes place.

  As I wonder what Election Day will bring across the country, I am praying for peace.  I'm asking you to join me.  

  As I think of my lifetime of turmoil as a survivor of incest, there hasn't been much peace.  The time I lay on my deathbed in the Summer/Fall of 2006 there wasn't much peace. When I kept miscarrying my babies, peace was a very hard thing to find.  

  Yesterday I was having a very hard time staying calm.  That's when Father brought me this song.  I've been listening to it over and over. 

 I guess I had never really thought about how hard it must have been for Joseph to find out that the girl he loved was pregnant.  Where's the peace in that?  And Mary, who had never known a man, was with child.  Now THAT would shake anyone's peace.  Then, too, as I watched this video it registered that she was leaving her father, mother, and perhaps siblings to go with this man who had doubted her just months before.  WOW!

  Yet God was with them!  He was REALLY with them! HE IS ALSO WITH US!!!

  As we go forward into the election process, and many are voting now, I pray that the peace of God fills every one of His children!!  Our God, who helped Joseph and Mary through all of that turmoil of bringing His son into the physical realm, is here to help us too!  Let's draw strength from that thought!!

  Let's be open to the ways that Father has for us to serve Him today and in the days ahead.  They may be unusual ways--they may actually be terrifying ways, but when He is with us who can be against us?  

  Father God, thank you for all of the strange ways you bless us with every day!  Thank you for bringing us through every fiery trial so far!  Thank you for the peace that passes all understanding in Christ Jesus our Lord!

  Your servant,

  Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...