Sunday, October 11, 2020

Our 40th wedding anniversary

 Yesterday was the third happiest day of my life!!

The first was in June of 1969 when I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.

The second was October 10, 1980 when I became Mrs. Robert Bornemann.

Yesterday was the third, which was our 40th wedding anniversary, and it was an immense blessing!

First we slept until 10:00; showered; and headed for Napoleon. We ate lunch at THE WHITE MAID and took off for Eureka to quote Robert, "Check out where it all began."

We drove into the farm where we once milked 120 Holsteins then found Robert's brother's secret get away and visited with them there.

Next we drove to Eureka and headed for the United Methodist Church. Once inside, Robert and I stood at the alter and looked at each other. His quick wit came up with the words, "I suppose we could say 'We DID!'" So we did.

We walked down the aisle together and he took this photo of us 40 years after we first said "I DO!"

Next we went to Lake Eureka and I splashed in the water and talked about taking swimming lessons there as a child.

We drove all around town and talked about the places we'd gone to during our first 8 years of marriage living there.

We were delighted to see that my parent's home has been added on to!! They built a walk-out deck from the living room and are adding another stall to the garage. I was so happy to see "MY HOUSE!" in such good hands!

Then we drove down to Dad's farm and drove through the cemetery pausing by their tombstone.

Next we headed North again driving by Artas; Zeeland; the big cross; Hague; Hazelton; Moffit; Sterling; and finally arrived in Bismarck.

We went to our very favorite of favorite places to eat--the Ground Round!

After a fabulous meal there, we headed to DAKOTA STAGE THEATRE! It was the last night of the musical "Nine to Five" and we laughed and laughed. It's been a long time since I've been to a play with my sweetie and we enjoyed it immensely!

Heading for home about 10:30, we arrived back before midnight. We told Jacob all about our adventures over a slice of cheesecake and a few caramels. I didn't want it to ever end but, boy, was I tired.

As I crawled in bed beside the same man I've slept with for 40 years, I thanked God for His MANY blessings to us over the years including Cora, Andrew, and Jacob and all of our Heavenly children. Then my mind went to our grandchildren--Elsie, Timothy, Christina, and Josiah. As I held Robert close, I wondered at how God had taken our love and blessed the world with such brilliant people!!

God did it all!!

God gave Robert and I life! He brought us together and stirred up our love for each other. God has sustained us and preserved us upon the Earth through countless trials, turmoils, and heartaches!

Only God made marriage and only God sustains it! Blessed be the name of the Lord who has blessed this girl from Eureka, brought me my boy from Center, and given us a life together now on our farm near Kintyre! BLESSED BE THE ONE WHO HAS BLESSED ROBERT AND I IN IMMESURABLE WAYS!!

In agreement with the well wishes we've received, "May HE give us many more happy years together!

Thank you, dear readers, for all of the prayer support you have blessed us with over the years. We couldn't have made it without all of you!!

One happy wife,

Dawn

PS I was wearing the pearl and diamond necklace that Robert gave me on our wedding day. As you might imagine, I only wear it for VERY special occasions!

PPS.  Down below you can listen to the song that my brother sang at our wedding 40 years ago.  As I look at this photo, I can almost hear Rick singing, "God, A Woman, and A Man!"


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...