Thursday, December 24, 2020

WELCOME THE LIGHT!!

 At this dark time of year, when the daylight is the shortest it will be, it is easy to get discouraged.  This really isn't meant to be a post about Vitamin D but I so do recommend it for the gloomies that come when sunlight is a precious commodity.  A couple of drops of Vitamin D will change your life AND, as a recent study shows, possibly prevent COVID 19.

That being said, darkness IS gloomy.  That's why I think it is so wonderful that our loving Heavenly Father sent us the star a few nights back.  Saturn and Jupiter were the closest they have been in 400 years but it's been 800 years since it happened at night and mankind could see it happening.  

Did you see it?  It was cloud covered here just then so I began praying that I might be allowed to see it.  I stared into the night sky and prayed to be permitted to see it.  Then the clouds moved a bit and I saw it very briefly and my heart leapt with joy!

After that I found this video which thrills me even more.  Someone in Israel videoed the star over Bethlehem!!  Just think of it!  He also included some history for his viewers which made the Bible seem even more real.  I'll share the link to the video down below.

This morning, though, I went in search of poetry.  I love the meter in poetry.  I especially love poetry that draws us all to think about the Lord Jesus being our light in the darkness.  I hope you will like the words of the song that is perfect for today.  "The Light of the World is Jesus."  I wonder how many times I've sung this song but today it has an even deeper meaning.

The one who made the stars and hung them in place is our Father who can count the hairs on our heads.  WE ARE SO LOVED!!  If your life is dark and gloomy right now, turn to Jesus and ask Him to shine His light into your life in a new and special way.  What better time than now when even the planets align to bring us light at the end of this very long and dark year.

Look up!

Dawn

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?view=detail&mid=56B9F99E36E2E4B93CF356B9F99E36E2E4B93CF3&q=ben+goldstein&shtp=GetUrl&shid=cfc7bb9a-7b4d-413e-8800-9c160ce8225a&shtk=VGhlICJTdGFyIG9mIEJldGhsZWhlbSIsIG92ZXIgQmV0aGxlaGVtISEg7aC87beu7aC87bex7aC%2B7bqQ7aC87byM&shdk=c2VlIHRoaXMgb25jZSBpbiBhIG1pbGxlbmlhIGNlbGVzdGlhbCBVbml0eSBvdmVyIEJldGhsZWhlbSBhbmQgdGhlIEhpbGxzIG9mIEp1ZGFoLiDtoLztt67toLztt7HtoL3ttY4gd3d3LlVuaXR5V2FycmlvcnMuY29tICNnb2xkc3RlaW5saXZl&shhk=5cfZeWVAQ6Ei0SmrGcIk%2Bocjc%2BUqMJLZKioOSrUkCzc%3D&form=VDSHOT&shth=OSH.GkHKd%252FQshNVAX58LyDW37Q



No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...