Sunday, November 26, 2023

Here's to being THAKFUL every Day!!

Hi everyone,

  We had a marvelous Thanksgiving complete with an organic turkey from my daughter's farm in MN.  Cora and her family came over early so we feasted the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Robert's Mom came then, too, so we had everybody here and it was WONDERFUL.  We even took family pictures which are still on Andrew's camera.  I will share them here as soon as he sends them to me.


  This past Friday night our guys finished combining the corn so we are DONE with harvesting for the year!!!! It was the best corn crop EVER but we had break down after break down on the equipment.  Still, the weather held until we were finished and got everything moved home and in the shop or in the bin.  YAY

  I follow SEUKLOW for one of my news sources.  They are doing amazing things all over the world for freedom including representing numerous of the hostage families in Gaza and negotiating for their release. Let's all pray that everyone is returned home to their families soon!!

  With all of the heaviness in the world, I was pleased to see that Sekulow produced a new movie for Christmas.  I haven't seen it yet but the Sekulows shared on their weekly news program that this movie exposes the Woke agenda for all the evil it is hoping to foist on the world.  Here's the link to purchase the movie to be streamed and you can watch it over and over.  Order at jinglesmells.movie.

  I continue to covet your prayers in regards to my health.  On December 18th, or sooner if there's an opening, I will be traveling with Robert to the largest medical facility in the state.  Because my pancreas continues to cause misery if I eat more than 30 to 40 grams of fat per day, an EUS has been ordered by my gastroenterologist.  

  They will put me under and then insert a scope down my throat.  This is the best way to get a picture of my pancreas which showed considerable stranding when I was in the hospital in September.  This can be a sign of pancreatic cancer or something else.  I was told that they will do a biopsy if there is a need at that time.  It all makes one a bit nervous to ponder what they may learn.

  So I bought an air fryer as that is a way to get food crispy like fried but without the fat.  I'm still learning how to use it.  I have incentive because I've had 4 extremely painful episodes since I got home from the hospital.  

  Well, I've said enough about pancreatitis and will add that I'm glad to be alive.  I learned since my return home from my week long stay in the hospital that it can be deadly if left untreated!!  

  I guess I'll close before this gets really long.  May God bless all of you families out there.  You parents are doing the most important job there is in raising your children to love Jesus.

  Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...