It's been one of those, "That's why people don't raise livestock anymore" days. Here's the list of animal-related trials we endured today.
1. The milk cows are grumpy because of the flies.
2. I still have 2 goats who are recovering from eating barn lime--not sure if one will make it.
3. The men broke down with both balers and couldn't get them fixed even after part's runs to Kintyre AND Linton. This has to do with livestock because you can't have livestock in ND in the winter without hay for them.
4. Robert and I had all sorts of troubles with the mowers this afternoon. Mowing is essential to hay production too.
5. Andrew had troubles swathing hay today with broken sickles and guards. He replaced one guard priced at $12 each. He drove to the other end of the field and broke the new one by hitting another rock. :)
6. Now my sweetie is over in the hay field eating his sandwich supper and resting a little. As soon as the hay is damp enough, somewhere between 10:00 and 11:00 PM, he will start baling until the hay is too wet, somewhere between 3:00 and 4:00 AM. Then he'll come home to sleep for the night.
ISN'T THAT CRAZY? I'm an avid animal lover but I can certainly understand on days like this why people do not have animals on their farms anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are you Suffering too?
If there ever was a cry of my heart, it is to be able to comfort those who are hurting. Because of my constant hurting in my incestuous ch...
-
Please pray for Robert who has a lot of swelling in his face and a very sore mouth. He's on his way back to the dentist for a checkup r...
-
Yesterday was awesome. Please read Cora's post to see what we all did. As always it is a treat to get to visit the Keister family and t...
-
Wow-it's been forever since I took the time to post Clara's session report. Being this has become quite rare, I thought I'd ment...
No comments:
Post a Comment