Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 4 of the Master Cleanse

I don't have much time to write, as I should be heading out to the barn, but I wanted to write a little something about today. First of all, I highly recommend getting a friend to do the cleanse with. I don't have someone on the cleanse with me this time, but my friend Ellen and I are writing every day for a month to remind each other to balance our amygdalas. The amygdala is the part of the brain that stores fear. I learned in the Advanced BT class last summer that, when a person lives in fear for a long time, the amygdala starts short-circuiting the brain. Instead of letting messages go to the cortex for processing, which would bring reason to one's reactions, it grabs the message and says, "Hey, you're in trouble lady. Better move into fight or flight response or they're going to get you." Well, this compounds the problem of exhausted adrenal glands and cortisol buildup. You may not even be in any danger but someone said something or you read something that made you think you were. This pattern can be deadly as I learned in my battle against shingles on my brain. (I know that I mention often that I almost died in '06, but I want newcomers to put things into this context too.) Anyway, thanks Ellen for being such a special friend--you seem just like a sister to me. It's about time that I got one!!!
Dr. Veltheim, the founder of BodyTalk, has learned a process to balance the amygdala so that it stops doing that!!! This is very important for everybody's health but especially those who have had shingles as shingles are brought on by stress. So Ellen is emailing me every day and checking if I've done it yet. This is sooooooo wonderful while I'm on the cleanse as it is a picker upper. I also pointed this out for other's sakes because it may help you to get through the cleanse easier too. Feel free to email if you have any questions about how to balance your amygdala. I'd be happy to share this simple procedure with you but you have to commit doing it for 30 days or it's not going to make a lasting change. After 30 days, one can look for a more relaxed approach to life which will be good for all aspects of health. Just thought I'd mention it!!
So today was a little better than yesterday, but I still was nervous. That's the best word that I can give it--not really anxious but certainly not calm either. I was grumpy AGAIN and begged forgiveness AGAIN. I felt cold today, and it's nice and warm in here, so I'm thinking it's from the cleanse. My tongue feels like it's 2 inches thick and stuck to my mouth. I had a hard time teaching today because I kept thinking that I was half asleep but my sons were patient--most of the time.
All in all, I had to do quite a bit of reminding myself that I am going to feel GREAT in a week. I AM GOING TO STICK IT OUT, NO MATTER, WHAT BECAUSE I KNOW THAT GOD WANTS ME TO DO THIS!! I want me to do this too as, from what I've read, it does hold a glimmer of hope that I may actually be pain-free someday. Many people who have gone before me have recovered from serious illnesses by doing the master cleanse and I WILL TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...