Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 2 of the Master Cleanse






This is sweet, little Shasta. She was born about 3 weeks ago on a bitter, cold night. Robert brought her to the calf barn in the bucket of the loader tractor and we weren't sure if she'd make it or not. We gave her some colostrum, just in case she had been too cold to drink from her mama. The next day she was up and drank with gusto. Shasta is the kind of critter who captures your heart minutes after you meet her. However, as all of the pens were full of bigger calves who would push her around, we left her in the middle of the barn. This means that she can come up behind us while we feed the other calves. She is a REAL PEST as she butts us and begs for her bottle. In the winter, Cora and I both wear long, woolen skirts over our regular skirts. Sometimes she pushes her head between our legs and we lock her in our headgates--in between our legs. This leaves her head covered up with our long skirts. I don't know if you know this or not but, when you cover an animals eyes, they go into a trance and freeze. It works great when you're working calves and so we subdue our little Shasta. I'll be writing about Shasta from time to time but the next critter I'll feature is Mabel who has been in the hospital for about 2 weeks. I'll have to get her picture first, though, so that will have to wait.


Now here's the news about day 2 of the Master cleanse, also called the Lemonade diet. It was a little harder day today because I was around the house and smelling food cooking. God bless Cora who has taken over most of the cooking for these 10 days!!! Still, I am determined to stick this out because I see it as something that God has led me to. He will make it possible to complete that which He has called me to. That reminds me of a special song called, "God will make a way when there seems to be no way." Anyway I wasn't really hungry, as long as I kept the lemonade nearby, but I felt a little more achy than usual. This is normal for the cleanse because so many toxins are being released. I think it's worth it because I've read that many people, who have been very ill, can't get well any other way than cleansing out the poisons with this cleanse. The master cleanse washes ALL of the body, instead of targeting a certain organ. After the 10 days, one needs to wait 2 months before you can do it again. People can do it over and over until total wellness has been achieved. What this means is that it IS possible for me to recover completely from the shingles on my brain. IT GIVES ME HOPE AND SO I PRESS ON!!


On a lighter note, I asked Cora if I might post her newest poem that she wrote the other day It's about our new dog, Millie. We have never had such a hyper dog before so I thought that it was quite cute. Quite clever Cora. I'll write tomorrow night with the update on day 3. Many people have said that it's the hardest day of all but why should I go into it thinking that way? There is one thing I think I'll enjoy about not eating solid food for 10 days--I get to write during supper time so hopefully this will be a blessing to SOMEBODY!!! If not, at least it takes my mind off of my family happily munching beside me. :)


Millie is a pain you see,


She never likes obeying me.


She has a mind all of her own,


She's always in my comfort zone.



She pesters goats and thinks it's play,


She never lets cats have their way.


She chews our shovels, boots, and rugs,


She'd likely pester Bombie bugs!



Yet, we love her very much,


We feed her milk and bones and such,


Perhaps we'll grieve when she grows up,


But for now, she's still all pup!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...