Monday, December 24, 2012

Hate ended

I've been preaching here about peace on Earth ever since I started my blog 3 years ago but I'm a hypocrite in one area of my life.

  You see, I have hated money all my life. I hated how my parents loved it and valued it above the value of human beings--even their own children. How many times I watched them loving money and hurting people with it, I suppose I won't ever know. I do know that I was never as important to them as money was.

Once, about 15 years ago, I said to my mother, "Some people love their money more than they love their own children." Do you know what she did in response? She jumped out of her chair; stomped over to me; and SLAPPED my face as hard as she possibly could. Do you suppose that it hit a little too close to home for her?

The Lord has slowly been helping me to shed this hatred of money. It's been easing out of my thinking over the past couple of years as I see people using money for good. I love doing the same and truly helping people with my money.

Who can know the human heart but God? I suppose I may have to eat these words sometime in the future, but I truly feel like my life-long hatred of money has just ended. You can watch this video and see what I mean, if you like, or you can skip it. I urge you, though, to take 3 minutes of your precious time and see how money truly CAN be used for good--even the ultimate good!!!

God bless,

Dawn on her last day of being 54 years old and hopefully--a little wiser!



No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...