Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tears are a Language God Understands

I recall one day about 8 years ago, as I listened to Rejoice Radio, I was crying about something.  It could have been about  missing my Heavenly children but my heart was so heavy and there was just no way that I could find happiness that day.
 
Now, I was raised in a musical family and some of my earliest memories were of my father singing close harmony in the men's quartet he was singing with at the time.  I can vividly recall playing on the floor with my friend; my mother was at the piano; and my father with his strong Baritone voice blending with the other 3 neighborhood men. 
 
All of a sudden it was magical.
 
The setting sun fell on the carpet where I sat while Heaven came down and touched my desperately lonely heart with the wonders of close harmony and I've been hooked ever since!
 
It's no wonder, then, that my weary day following a miscarriage should be touched with the excellent close harmony of this group.
 
As I listened that day, the Lord once again touched me with the immense satisfaction that I feel when good singers sing close harmony! 
 
I began to listen more intently to the words of the unknown group singing on the radio and I was sooo blessed to hear this song, "Tears are a Language God Understands!"
 
I recall sitting on the floor, once again as the soft sunlight surrounded me, and I felt the presence of  God as when a little abused child heard the wonders of music for the very first time.  I was mesmerized by these 3 voices and I had to know who they were.
 
When I recovered myself, I quickly wrote an email to Rejoice Radio and asked them, "Who is the group that sang a song about God understanding when we cry about 15 minutes ago?"
 
The reply came back, 'Their name is 'The Booth Brothers!'"   I instantly became a fan and have traveled several times to hear them singing in person since that time.  Each time their tight harmonies captivated me BUT the best part about their music is how they portray God's love for us through every song in one way or another!!!
 
I AM HOOKED!  Also, I am not ashamed to admit it.  ;)  Nearly every morning I listen to a Booth Brother song to remind myself that God loves me AND He loves EVERYBODY!!!
 
I invite you to listen now to TEARS ARE A LANGUAGE GOD UNDERSTANDS!
 
Dawn
 
PS.  Let me know if you need a Kleenex.  ;) 
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...