Thursday, April 25, 2019

TEN YEARS ALREADY?

 Today is a "Big" day in my life. At any rate, I've never lived a day like this before. You see, ten years ago today my mother died. She worked all day and then slumped in the doctor's office about 8:30 that night and was gone. No notice--no goodbye.

   I've been looking through her photos trying to find one that seemed the most like her. I like this one! Looking through mom's photo albums got me thinking about how she affected my life--how she shaped me to be a lover of Jesus.

   My mom was pretty natural in her health care just like her mom before her--just like me. 
 
   My mom loved to garden--my goodness are there a lot of garden photos. She also had a green thumb with house plants that I wish I had inherited!!

    My mom loved to cook. I wish I could say that I have her passion for creating beautiful meals but I don't. I do like looking at cook books though.

   My mom loved to sing--I have lots of photos of her singing with dad or me or lots of other people.

   My mom loved animals. We had a long string of animals in our house and yard. I will always remember the ducks that we had in the bathroom and how they made a parade through the house quacking, "Weather, warm up so we can go outside!"

   One of the things that I hadn't really thought about, but which was VERY obvious in her photo albums, is that my mom LOVED to entertain guests in her home!! OH MY GOODNESS!! I remember one time we invited the entire basketball team over for my brother's birthday. WOW

   The most import things about my mom, though, is that she loved the Lord!! With all that life threw at her, she was still faithful to the Lord and praised Him with her beautiful voice and piano playing often. I can recall her sitting down to play piano and sing with me on nights when we were waiting for they guys to come home from the farm. Mom passed on her love of praising God through her music to me and it comforts me as it must have comforted her too.  I pray I can pass it on too!

 Goodbye Mom. I look forward to seeing you when I get there!!
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...