Sunday, December 22, 2019

More abundance remained

I've been thinking about this quote a lot here lately.  It seems that, just as I begin to think I lack something, the Lord runs this concept through my mind.  It's an amazing concept for me to grasp as this little girl was raised in the ugliest house in town and hardly ever had nice clothes.

We did have lots of food as my mother and I raised 2 large gardens and butchered our own chickens. Once a year my dad would take our butcher steer to the butcher shop and then we had the BEST grass-fed beef imaginable.  Mom made WONDERFUL buns and our table was always full.

We were poor in other ways though.  I was taught to count toilet paper squares--1 square for #1 and 2 squares for #2.  My once a week showers were timed and all of us wore hand-me-downs.

 Once, when I was asked to sing a solo for the Christmas program at church, my mom spent a large sum of money for a beautiful white dress for me.  The whole 75 miles home I had to listen to Dad chewing out Mom for spending so much money on a dress for me.  Do you think I enjoyed wearing my brand new dress as I sang on Christmas Eve?  Not much as I had a hard time getting past all of the guilt that I was taking family funds for a needless dress.

I was first exposed to this abundance concept in the series THE ELEVEN FORGOTTEN LAWS.  It's an incredible program and I urge you to watch it if you're still believing that THE SECRET really works.  It doesn't but I digress.

As I listened to the teachings in THE ELEVEN FORGOTTEN LAWS, Bob Proctor and Mary Morisay brought my Christian training into a positive light.  Sure we're supposed to love our enemies but we're also supposed to love ourselves.  So much of what I learned in churches my whole life was that I was bad and deserved hell both during and after my life.  WRONG!!

Jesus said that if we, who are sinners, can give good gifts to our children SO DOES GOD!!  So this idea of an abundant life seemed strange at first but, as I thought of this phrase, it began to shift my thinking.  "From abundance he scooped abundance and MORE abundance remained."  Jesus also said that He came to give us ABUNDANT LIFE!

I wondered if anyone else had given this concept much thought.  You can imagine my delight when I found this short video.  I pray that all of my readers will listen with an open mind to these words.  God has GREAT riches!!!!!!!  God LOVES us!!!  Putting those 2 concepts together, which both are true, does NOT equal a life of poverty!!  It just doesn't.

Bob Proctor shared in the series I mentioned that some people have never experienced a full belly in their entire lives.  This I cannot imagine.  Counting toilet paper squares I can imagine but not living in hunger.  I don't want to think about it too much, though, as I have no desire to go there.  What we think about, we draw to ourselves!!!  That's why Jesus said to guard our thoughts.  Instead I thank Him frequently and very sincerely for all of the food He blesses my family and I with!

My final thought I'd like to share with all of you is this.  God's riches are endless!  He calls the cattle on a thousand hills HIS!  If you have been raised to believe that poverty is your lot in life or that you are somehow superior to those living in abundance, as I was taught, then you were taught lies too!!  POVERTY IS NOT FROM GOD!!!

If this abundance idea is appealing to you, then take 2 minutes and listen to these words.

May God abundantly bless you above ALL that you can ever imagine--and I do mean in THIS life and the next!!!

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...