Monday, December 30, 2019

Are you ready for 2020?

Have you ever thought of snow as clean?  We had another foot of snow over the past 2 days and everything looks so white and pure--clean!  It truly looks beautiful outside today with the evergreens covered in a blanket of white.  It looks just like "A picture print from Currier and Ives." The view out my window looks just like this!  TOTALLY GORGEOUS






















 




I'm thinking now of what Robert, my husband, would say if I were to ask him about the new snowfall.  You see, he's out there pushing snow with the tractor.  He said to me this morning, "I'll push snow all morning around here and head up to the plant and push snow all afternoon up there!"  Can't you just hear his "UG?"

So there's 2 sides to snow--the beauty and the work of pushing it to places where it won't interfere with our family being able to move around.  They both exist.  They're both real.

As I thought about all of this, I pondered how people can get clean and I don't mean on the outside.  I thought of that ugly feeling of hatred that consumed the first 2 decades of my life.  I remembered breaking free from all of that hatred at our church's revival meetings in Bismarck. I remembered repenting of all of the hatred and asking God to help me to forgive those who had molested me so many times as I grew up.

What does it take to get clean on the inside?  I think this video holds the answer.  When we forgive those who have harmed us, a layer of that hatred cracks and falls off.  When we pray for strength to ask for forgiveness of those we've harmed, love gets even stronger.  For me, and perhaps for you, when we begin the life long battle of forgiving OURSELVES, then the true power of God shines forth to the world.

 

Tomorrow we're hosting our annual "Bring in the new year with us" party.  I am eager to see everyone and to rejoice in how the Lord brought us all through 2019.  No, Cora and her family will NOT be joining us.  It's the first time and I'm still very sad about their moving away.  However, they are where God wants them.  I guess it's time to forgive Him for that!

So my new year's wish for all of my wonderful readers is this.  Please learn how to forgive.  It's the only way I've found to feel clean on the inside.

HAPPY 2020 EVERYONE!!

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...