Monday, September 6, 2010

Pretty lady

That Sabbath, July 31st of 2010, was an unforgettable day for Jacob and I. I'm sorry that I have no pictures from throughout the day, but the memories are vivid and so I shall do my best to paint the pictures with my words. These two pictures are of Jacob and I at the END of that very eventful Sabbath. He was exhausted and I, for once, had more enthusiasm than he did......

but that's because I got told that I am a pretty lady. WOW--I can't ever recall being told THAT before. But I'm getting ahead of myself again.

First of all, I slept like a log until Jacob wakened me at almost 9:30. I was very glad that I woke up then as our wonderful hostess, Gloria, knocked on our door a little bit later. She said, "I have some good news for you. You said that you were concerned about getting back and forth to your classroom. Well, the people next door from you are also going there today. They just got back from there and said that there is a shortcut. They said that they'd be happy to show you the way over there this afternoon. Here are their cell phone numbers," and she was gone.

The night before, on our way to the Inn, Jacob and I had hunted out the location of KRT and I WAS discouraged. How on earth would we ever get home on time for lunch when it took almost half an hour to drive back to the Inn? Leave it to the Lord to make a way to solve that problem too.
When I called the numbers, though, neither one answered. That's why I was very happy when a knock came soon afterwards. A very nice farmer was on the other side of the door and Jacob and I liked him at once. Mr. H. from Iowa turned out to be a kindred spirit and someone that we both enjoyed visiting with more than once that day. "I'd be happy to show you two the way over to KRT right after lunch," he said and we both breathed a sigh of relief.
Well, with that all arranged, Jacob went out on an expotition of the Inn property (you'll have to watch Pooh if you think that I spelled that wrong). I went in and soaked for a couple of hours and totally unwound from the day before. We ate quickly then and I felt absolutely wonderful when Mr. H picked us up around 12:30 to head over to KRT.
Jacob was like a kid at Christmas. He was wired and did his best to contain his excitement. HE WAS GOING TO KELLY RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIES AND HE WAS EXCITED!!!!! I was delighted to see how easy it was to take "Old" 441 through scenic downtown LakeMont and we arrived at KRT in about 20 minutes. By the end of the week there, I got it down to 14 minutes as I learned to relax and close my eyes around the curves. (Just checking to see if you're REALLY paying attention.)
We parked our car and Jacob was almost in shock. As he realized that we were going inside the dome that he'd read so much about, a hush came over my son. He didn't say much so I just visited with the H. from Iowa family who were happy to lead us into the dome having been there in the morning for their BETAR rides.
Once inside the dome, Jacob came back to life. Cathie, the receptionist there, came forward and welcomed us warmly and I felt at home instantly-- it didn't take long for us to realize that these were our kind of people!!!! Cathie pointed out that they had a book sale going on and that all of those books to the left were on sale for $5.
Jacob and I were totally gone for the next half hour as we perused the wonderful bargains--5 of which now sit on our bookshelves although we didn't pay for them until after Sabbath. I told Jacob that we would only look now but Cathie said that, if we wanted any of the books, we'd better grab them now or they'd most likely be gone. So grab we did.
Then Ed came walking into the room and Jacob and I were both drawn to him instantly. Ed's energy level is just awesome and his smile is winning, but even more profound, his laugh fills the soul with laughter. May the world be filled to overflowing with men like Ed who know who they are and why they are here. "We are here to serve the world," is etched all over Ed and, in that regard, he reminds me of none other than Christ. We were instantly friends with Ed and shall be forever more! Watch future posts for pictures of this awesome man who is the son of an awesome man!
Ed took us into the conference room/library and we were enthralled. Jacob was instantly intrigued by the machine that Ed had been "Playing around with" which showed each individual's energy pattern. It was fun to see what happened when I put my hand into the scanner along with Jacob's. It made a beautiful pattern which gave other families there ideas...
The dome is a place to explore ideas! It was filled with old radionics machines which revealed the first ideas that people had about radionics over a hundred years ago. One whole wall in the large room was FILLED with books on all topics of interest to a questioning mind. It was just the right location for a class on radionics and were we ever excited to be there.
After looking over the display of KRT products that were for sale and listening to "More' experienced" radionics operators share their insights on how best to use our machine, Ed made us an offer that we couldn't refuse. He looked at me and said, "How about a ride on the BETAR machine?" Jacob grabbed my arm and up the steps we went. He's the one who had been reading about BETAR rides on the website and HE was READY to watch Ed set up my ride.
For information on what a BETAR ride is all about, I urge you to go to the KRT website here:
www.kellyresearchtech.com/betar.html. I will simply say that it is a type of healing that is unforgettable as the music actually stimulates parts of your body that need to be stimulated and soothes parts of your body that need to be soothed. I just KNOW that someday I will own one of these machines in my future health care center. That statement is what is called a HUGE leap of faith, as they cost almost $40,000, but still I do have a GREAT desire to share this technology with the entire MidWest--or at least everyone in North Dakota. The healing is unforgettable!!!
Shortly after this, the instructor of our radionics beginner's class came in and some of us class members and he got into a deep discussion about the state of the nation. Except for the knowledge that God has given to me through BodyTalk, and now radionics, I would be discouraged about how things "SEEM" to be right now. Now I see that every negative thought that I ever had were only negative thoughts.
What IS a thought? It is merely something that a breath can expel when taught how to do so through BodyTalk classes. And yet thoughts keep people prisoners in bodies they hate doing jobs they hate with hatred being the common theme here. WHY HATE WHEN LOVE IS SO MUCH STRONGER AND BETTER IN EVERY WAY??????????
Well, as Elizabeth would say, "I digress." To make a long story short, we LOVED our time at the dome. However, I had promised Jacob that I would take him to see a Krone dealer as it was only 30 miles away in nearby South Carolina. I will not tell you a thing about that aspect of our journey, as it is strictly Jacob's story.
However, when the Krone dealership proved an immense disappointment to my son, I decided to do what any mom does when a child is discouraged--I TOOK HIM OUT FOR ICE CREAM!!!
Now, there in a strange sounding named town in South Carolina, I learned something that I've wondered about all of my adult life. I learned that I am a pretty lady!!! Now, don't you go off laughing without listening to my explanation--PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
In this ice cream parlor which proved to make up for it's lack of size or appearance, the owner's friendliness was a nice boost to Jacob's and my moral. He scooped me a great big bowl full of wonderful tasting Maple Nut ice cream while Jacob visited with his good-old Southern buddy. Then Jacob ordered a cone with Super Cow and all 4 of us yapped for about half an hour.
We had extra time, what with the implement dealership not taking long to explore, so we just settled in there for a nice little rest. We told the men that we were from North Dakota and we talked about their life there. He mentioned that it'd probably be best not to stop anywhere along the road until we got home. He said, "The hill people haven't changed much since I was a kid. Sure, they show up in church on Sunday mornings, but I wouldn't advise poking into their business any other time of the week as they usually have their rifles ready and aren't afraid to use them."
I thought about the nice man who had given us directions on the way down there and praised the Lord for leading us to a friendly place. Well, the day was waning and with that little bit of uneasiness hanging over my head, I decided that it was best to head back to the Inn.
I asked the big fellow if I might have a glass of water to wash down my ice cream. When he went to the cooler to get me a bottle water, I protested saying, "No, I don't want to buy any--I have some water out in the car."
He looked very gentlemanly and said, "Well, I wasn't going to charge you for this. You're a pretty lady--it's on the house."
Then I REALLY protested, not wanting to be owing him anything. Seeing my concerns, he threw back his head and filled the room with his big laughter. He said, "Well there, lady, we're supposed to do good to others so that we can receive a blessing, you know," as he nudged the water bottle towards me.
I still can't believe that I did this but it just flowed out of me. I took one of his monstrous hands in both of mine and then I said, "OK, then I'm going to give you a blessing." I bowed my head and prayed a blessing on the man and on his business and on his family. When I looked up, he was stunned and had tears in his eyes. I told him, "That's for real, you know."
"Th-th-THANK YOU!" he muttered and then it was my turn to laugh fully. And so we had church there that day. The big fellow had blessed me with a bottle of water, for which he received a blessing. He didn't know, though, that he'd given me the bigger blessing for all the way homeward, I kept hearing his words spoken sincerely with no obligation of any sort whatsoever, "Why, you're a pretty lady!" It still makes me smile even now and I can imagine that it will do so for the rest of my life.
I told Robert later that night that I had to go all of the way to South Carolina to learn that I'm a pretty lady. He said, "Well then, it was a trip well worth it. Maybe you'll believe me now." It made me wonder how many times he had tried over the years to get me to hear his praises but my negative thinking wouldn't let his appreciation get through my negative filters. I leave you with that thought to ponder.
We made it back to the Inn just before dark and ate our supper quietly. Then, when we thought that our day could no longer hold anymore excitement, we heard a knock at our door. It was Mr. H from Iowa. "May I come in and talk radionics with you? I'm here with my wife, daughter, and granddaughter and they're sick of hearing about it."
We laughed; opened the door; and welcomed him into our living room. For the next 2 hours this wonderful farmer shared with us what he'd been learning with his machine during the past 3 years. He wet our appetite to take the class so that late that night, when we bade him farewell under the Georgia pines, we could hardly wait to get to class. The only sad part about the whole day is that he wasn't going to be in our class. As he explained, "I've taken the beginner class 3 times and the advance class twice. No, I"m not here to take the class but I just couldn't miss the chance to visit the dome on the way to the ocean."
And so it was that God brought wonderful men into my life that day. There 1,500 miles from home, I felt perfectly safe under the protection of my loving Heavenly Father. And now as I close, the words come to mind that I spoke with Frank on the plane down to Atlanta. I had asked him, "Are you saying that I need to get over this fear of flying so that God can use me more?"
Frank, very bluntly had stared me into the eyeballs and said firmly, "I'm saying that you need to be willing to do ANYTHING that God asks you to do!"
HE WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...