Monday, June 6, 2011

THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHANK YOU

I just spoke with my dad or rather it would be more accurate to say that I spoke TO my dad.  First I spoke to his physical therapist, though. 

  I learned that dad had paralysis on his right side yesterday, when he arrived at Avera St. Lukes in Aberdeen, and that this has improved a little bit today.  Dad's speech is very slurred but they let me talk to him a few moments.  His therapist told me that within a few hours he will be moved out of ICU into the third (medical) floor.  I asked him what that meant and he said that it's a step down from ICU.  He  told me that this is a good sign as often they don't move out of ICU that quickly.  THANK YOU TO ANY WHO PRAYED FOR HIM--PRAYER HELPS SOOOOOOOO MUCH!

When I told dad that our family is praying for him, dad said, "THHHHHHHHHHHAAANNNKKKK
you."  He also tried to say more, but it was all gibberish, and I told him that he didn't have to try to talk. 

When I prayed for him just now, the Lord revealed to me that He IS working in this.  To a man who never cared to build relationships with people, his NOT being able to talk just may get through to him the value of communicating.  I realize that that is a BIG maybe, but isn't that what faith is all about?

I've prayed for my family of origin to get saved for 42 years now and that's a lot of prayers with no results.  Still, what else is there to do?  So I press on.......................

Coveting your prayers today,

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...