Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our first radionics class

 I believe that I posted this picture once before but, seeing as this is a post about our radionics class last month, I thought that I'd start at the beginning.  Ed and his office manager, Cathie, sent up all of these boxes for the class.  Some of them were teaching materials; and some were demo materials; and some were the rental machines for the class. 
On Sunday, June 26th Jacob and I drove to Bismarck to pick up Ed from the airport.  How wonderful it was to see him again.  We brought him to the farm to meet the rest of the family and to discuss final arrangements for the class.  That evening, Ed took apart some of our instruments and showed our guys the working parts of a wonderful KRT instrument. 
 Here is our classroom with all of the machines set up.  We had 10 students.  With Ed as the instructor and myself as the instructor in training, there were 12 us in the class.  It was a major thrill for me to have my entire family taking the class from Ed.  It was a wonderful 3 days together!
 Did I mention that we held the class at the Kelly Inn?  I thought that was so awesome how the Lord welcomed Ed Kelly to North Dakota by having us hold the class in the hotel with the same name.  I discussed accommodations with Ed after the class and learned that he loved everything there!  The staff was very friendly and helpful; the classroom spacious and well lit; the food was great; and his hotel room was nice too.  Ed said that he would definitely hold his classes there in the future so I was so thankful that he was happy with the arrangements that I had made for our class!
 Here is my wonderful family all studying radionics together.  It was so wonderful to have everyone learning the same thing at the same time.  Here Andrew is asking Ed a question. 
 Our wonderful instructor and new friend, Ed Kelly.  How can we ever thank you, Ed, for coming all the way from Georgia to teach us?  What a great instructor this man is.  He listens to our questions and explains everything so patiently.  I couldn't ask for a finer man to study under. 
Our family had lunch with the group at Minervas the first day of class so that we could get to know the other class members a little better but after that we packed our lunches.  What interesting meals these were as we all discussed what we'd been learning and how it can apply to our farm's needs.
 Forever a preserver of memories (I think he got this from his mother), here Andrew was catching some shots of class.  How I love this awesome young man with his curious nature!
 Right before class ended, one of the members treated us all to this birthday cake in honor of her friend.  That was soooooooo cool!
 Here is a photo of most of us in class.  Two of the group members decided that they didn't want to be photographed so they opted out.  Notice how my children cosied up to Ed.
 This was taken during one of our snack periods.  I'll say again how wonderful it was having my family all together during these awesome 3 days!
Right after our class had ended and Ed was making his final sales, I headed over to my office to work on a client.  When I was finished, I went back to the Kelly Inn.  The children had headed for home to take care of the farm chores and I found Robert and Ed visiting.  It was so wonderful to watch these 2 men throughout the class time, from way different backgrounds, learn from each other.  Robert gleaned radionics information from Ed and Ed grasped agriculture concepts from Robert.   Both have such marvelous minds that I was happy to see them getting to know each other.

Ed, Robert, and the children had everything boxed up that we'd need to return to GA.  Thankfully there was only about half the number of boxes that needed to be returned as all of the rental machines were sold to those who used them in class--it was GREAT!!!

We were all 3 tired so we sat and visited for a little while about the class.  I was surprised when Ed looked at me and said, "We're partners now."  I stuck out my hand and we shook on it.  Robert said, "I want to get your picture together before we leave."  Here is the result.
 Did I mention that Ed offered me the opportunity of becoming a dealer of his incredible KRT instruments?  It's kind of a joke in the family as I am the person who has the least bit of technological knowledge and he makes ME the dealer.  I know that it's because of my being an energy worker but truly I do view my dealership as a family dealership. 
I got Robert and Ed's picture then too.
After we took all of the boxes out to our car, we decided to take the time to eat together at Minerva's.  Actually, I was STARVING and the guys said that they were hungry too.  We had a wonderful time discussing plans for future classes over our meal and I took this picture of the information board as a remembrance of our wonderful time together.
All 3 of us were tired then and we still had an hour's drive home.  Ed needed to get some sleep as he had a long flight home the following day.  A part of me has always dreaded departures as the sanguine part of me aches to be with people as much as possible.  When you live in North Dakota on a farm, there really are not that many opportunities to spend time with people, so I treasure times with others. 
This was when Ed gave me probably the greatest gift that he ever has.  How I dreaded seeing him leave and the class that I had worked so very hard for to be over.  I could feel the sadness creeping into me as Robert and I moved towards the door and Ed started going towards his room. 
I was trying to think of how to say, "Goodbye" to such an incredible person.  This was when Ed turned towards us and said with his big booming voice and his big grin on his face, "See you soon." 
I could only smile then as I knew that it would be at least a year until we would see Ed again.  Still, I saw the wisdom of his closure and I gulped out a returning, "See you soon," and left the hotel with Robert.
I wrote to Ed later and thanked him for this wonderful gift.  I meant it, for as I learned from Anne Shirley, true friends are always together in the heart.  THANK YOU, ED, FOR ALL OF THE WAYS THAT YOU BLESSED OUR FAMILY! 
God bless all who read my ramblings and who bear with my melancholy times.  I love you all!  Have a great week in the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dawn

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

And God bless you for writing about this. Yes, it did bring tears to my eyes. But how could one not love your writings as they are so full of your honest feelings and thoughts. Love you!

Dawn Bornemann said...

Oh Kimberly,
You are such a wonderful dear! Oh that the whole world would be full of loving hearts like yours!
Amen?
Have a great week, dear dear friend and sister in the Lord!
Dawn

Kristi said...

Glad to see the promised pictures at last. I am glad that the class was such an encouragement to you.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...