Sunday, July 10, 2011

Need to sooth your nerves?

Hi everyone,
  Sabbath was blissfully peaceful--aaaaaaaaaah!  I slept almost all afternoon and it felt wonderful!!!!!!!
Recently I was telling my cousin, Kristi, about my little popper that I bought in Georgia last Summer. Being my goal for this blog is to share what health nuggets I find, I decided that I would share info about it here.  It was marketed as good for all kinds of bites--from mosquito bites to RATTLESNAKE bites.  I'm serious.
Although it works great on bites, I've used it mostly this past year for stiff joints and sore muscles.  Already in class last year I had got to thinking that, if it works for inflammation from bites, why wouldn't it work for inflammation from other causes.  It really does take the pain out of overworked muscles or "Older" joints. 
Now, you recall that I was led to use L-Lysine for the nerve damage in my foot from the recent tumor living there for 2 months.  Well, a few days after I wrote last time, I saw my popper sitting on my dresser and got to wondering what would happen if I were to pop my foot with it.  Would it help to get the nerve growth stimulated?  Would it help to take out the inflammation in my poor nerve endings in that foot?
Well, I am very happy to report that it does WONDERS on the nerve damage!  In fact it does an even better job of stopping that infuriating tingling/burning/throbbing than the L-Lysine does!  I'm still taking the L-Lysine too, of course, as I prefer to slam a nasty pain with as many hammers as I have at my disposal.
On Friday I was hanging up some of the boy's shirts and laid it on Andrew's dresser.  I forgot it there and all Friday night I was in agony and ended up on pain killers.  Saturday morning Andrew brought it to me and I almost kissed him--I said almost as he is DEFINITELY opposed to that since he was age 11. 
Anyway, here is a picture of the simple gadget that can pack such a wallop to damaged nerves.   In a way, it doesn't seem to make sense why a small electrical charge would calm down overactive nerves and I'm not claiming to understand WHY it works--I'm just saying that it DOES work.
As always, I think of the shingles patients who suffer so terribly from a pain that is very hard to explain and even harder to bear.  I recall my medical doctor friend telling me 5 years ago, when I had shingles on my brain, that many people commit suicide from the never ending torture of post (after)
herpatic (herpes virus) neuralgia (nerve damage) which is the result of shingles.
If you know of someone who is suffering from the after affects of shingles, perhaps they'd like to try one of these little poppers on their nerve damaged area?  Certainly I would urge you to pray about this to see if God is urging you/them to give this a try.  Certainly I cannot prescribe this for anyone as I am NOT a doctor.  However, I am feeling the Lord urging me to share this so there must be somebody out there in cyberspace who is intended to read this message.
Just post a comment here (which I won't share with others) and I'll tell you how to get a hold of one of these  little miracle workers.  No, I do not carry them but I feel safe in endorsing them to all who have had nerve damage of any kind based on how much mine has helped me recently.  Here's what it looks like.  The price is nearly nothing for the punch it can give.
By the way, I do realize that I am horribly behind with my posting, but I'll catch up.  I told the children this morning that this time of year always seems like such a dessert to me with nothing but massive amounts of work staring me in the face.  Prairie Days and the 4th of July are over with and there's nothing to look forward to until Harvest of Thanks.  Can you hear the sanguine in me, here?  Oh how I love to be with others!!!!  I replay in my mind words, smiles, deep conversations, or hugs shared with those I love during the lonely hours and, as always, seek solace with my Heavenly Father or at the piano.  Still, I miss you sooo much today!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great week everyone and, if you think of me, please keep me in your prayers for a TOTAL healing!
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...