Sunday, November 11, 2012

Writer's Guild

Hi everyone in the Napoleon, ND area.  I have decided to see if we can start a writer's guild in our neighborhood.  If you are interested, please leave a comment.  Another idea that I just had is that perhaps we could do it online????  If so, this is my first contribution.

 Normally I don't ever share something that I haven't written at least a week ago, and gone over it with a fine tooth comb a hundred times, but it just came to me now.  I hope that it will inspire others to put their thoughts down on paper.  Being I've been dealing with arthritis for awhile now, these thoughts came rather quickly to me. 

God bless,

Dawn


If I were old
by Dawn Bornemann

If I were old and crippled, bent,
Would you recall me then?
If I were old and sick at heart
Would you sing for me then?

If I were old and saddened by
The empty table seats.
If I were old and all alone
Would you eat with me then?

If I were old--my eyesight dim,
And all I do is think of him.
If I were old and weak and thin,
Would you hold my hand then?

If I were old and my heart sad,
And all the memories of me glad,
Are locked away as though they're bad,
Would you still love me then?
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...