Tuesday, July 17, 2018

What more could I ask for?

 
 
Andrew and I spent 2 days together at our local country fair this past weekend.  We were doing a fund raiser for our Republican District so several of us ladies had baked some goodies to sell.  We also were giving away Kevin Cramer yard signs and bumper stickers to anyone who would put them up in their yard or display them on their car.
 
This is a photo of our booth.  We were as patriotic as we could possibly be and we both sported our CRAMER CREW tea shirts in case anyone was wondering why we were there.  lol
 
One older "Gentleman" made my day interesting.  I was greeting everyone who walked by and sharing that we were having a fund raiser for our Republican District.  I also, with motherly pride, introduced folks to our District Chairman who just happens to be my son.  ;)
 
So this man in his late 70s walked by the booth and, when I told him what we were doing, he growled at me, "GO TO HELL."
 
As you might imagine, I was quite surprised as I prayed for wisdom and thought, "I have no intention of going to hell."  He must have sensed my chill and changed his message to "Trump should go to hell."  Still praying, I waited for the right words to come from above.  When they did, I looked sternly at my attacker as if he were a very bad boy and said, "LOTS of people are going to hell!!!"
 
He was so surprised and just stared at me after which he walked away.  It made me wonder if he had even pondered what he was saying.  Now, I know the danger of lumping people into one group so I resist.  Still, I have to wonder how many of those who passed by me were heading in that direction.  It was very sobering. 
 
So here's our booth and my handsome son who loves his country like very few people do.  I'm so proud of him. 
 
The second day of the fair, Marie and Timothy came with us as did Robert.  That made things more fun as you can see in the below photo.  Marie had wondered what cotton candy tasted like and Andrew made sure that she found out. Timothy was sure stumped by their delight!!  LOL
 
 
It was a very nice fair in that they had several musical groups providing music.  A vocal group did a patriotic/salvation themed cantata on Sunday morning.  Then, just as Robert and I sat down to our picnic lunch, a band started playing patriotic music and were they ever good.  Both groups were exceptional but the band playing those good old Sousa marches made my day!!
 
As we packed up our booth, I looked up to see Robert talking to our "Old" friends from Eureka who had hopped on their Harley and come to the fair.  It was pretty much over but the mini-donut booth was still open so Dennis went to buy some.  The owner said that he could have them as they were an hour old and he was just going to throw them out.  You should have seen the delight on everyone's faces at the gallon-sized bag of warm mini donuts that God gave us to enjoy.  NO, I didn't have any.
 
So it was a marvelous weekend.  We saw some old friends that we wouldn't have seen otherwise.  We made a few bucks for our District.  We got to see dozens of kids enjoy the rides at the fair PLUS were there ever a lot of awesome looking critters in the animal barn.  Andrew got to judge the kuchen contest which he's wanted to do for awhile.  I was around lots of people so I'm happy, happy, happy!
 
What more could I ask for?  Oh yes, MORE Sousa marches.  I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do!
 
Dawn
 
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...