Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Is Heaven like this?

I just found this video and, oh, how it stirred me.  I grew up singing in our church choir and I've sung in many choirs throughout my years and it always thrills me!!!
 
I love singing solos as I can do my own thing. 
 
 I love singing duets as the close harmony is so very special. 
 
 I love singing trios as there's one more tone blended in. 
 
 I really love singing in mixed quartets as we have all four parts present now--Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass.
 
It was the most musical fun of all as I got to sing 4 part women in collage when I sang with the Sweet Adalines!!  Now THAT is challenging and WOW--that harmony will knock your socks off.
 
BUT
 
Singing in a choir with LOTS of people and multiple people singing each part and the many voices following the hands of the one director--not THAT is what I imagine Heaven to be like.  BIG SIGH!
 
So, as always, I don't take the time to write to you all just for the purpose of having something to do.  NO--I want to affect you in such a way as that you go out and do something different.  In this case, when I get to Heaven, I will be so delighted to learn that someone joined a choir as a result of pondering this blog post.  WON'T THAT BE BLISS? 
 
OK, if you're not convinced, then watch this video!!
 
Hugs and happy singing!

Dawn

PS  I'd love to hear how music which praises God touches your life.  Feel free to leave a comment.
 
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...