Friday, July 13, 2018

Make America Great Again

This weekend our area is having it's Tri-County Fair.  District 28 Republicans are having a booth where we'll sell baked goods and do our best to interest new people to join the party. 
 
As I pondered sitting in the heat all weekend, I asked myself, "Why should I even care? I have so little physical strength left to give so my contribution is so small."
 
Then I heard my stinkin' thinkin' and set to work trying to get more folks to make cookies or bars for our bake sale. 
 
What made the difference for me?  It's probably my stubborn German heritage that doesn't like to give up very easily.  Also, all the years I've attended Appleseed shoots have shown me what a little cry-baby wimp I had turned into.
 
There's another reason I picked myself up this morning and it has to do with our President.  I heard him say once that he was enjoying his retirement years and didn't need to have all of the crap thrown at him that he has had to deal with.
 
So, here's a little inspiration for you to get out there and do something for freedom every day.  We're raising money so that we can support conservative Americans in their election races. If every American does one little thing for freedom every day, imagine where our country will be in 5 years. 
 
For those of you not from America, you can pursue freedom in your thinking too.  It all begins in our heads.  If we lay down and take what tyranny insists we accept, then we're sunk.  We may as well be dead. 

Freedom is worth the time and effort to sit in the heat one weekend out of the year to sell cookies and do my best to interest other freedom lovers to join us.  IT MOST CERTAINLY IS!!
 
So, see you at the fair!

Dawn
 
 

No comments:

I Have THAT problem?????

  Recently I was asked to lead our neighborhood ladies' Bible study.  I prayed for over a week about what to share with the ladies and w...