Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Tea at Ten





 
Today was the day of our monthly tea party. Could anything more wonderful be worded so drably?  Has anyone taken tea at 10:00 in the morning with your wonderful neighbors and your amazing daughters and your incredible grandchildren?  Well, how would you put THAT into words?
 
Does this help portray the wonders of tea time?
 
 
Or THIS?
 
 
How about this?
 
 and also this.
 
Actually we had NO tea at tea today.  Instead I made rhubarb slush which everyone said was delicious but I couldn't have as I can't have rhubarb.  I also made my dad's Ritz Cracker delights dipped in chocolate almond bark.  To the last of the almond bark I added some sunflower seeds and cut it in small pieces after it set.  Last but not least, I am not ashamed to admit, I bought a strawberry cheesecake scoop cake at Sam's last night which seemed to be delicious too but also of which I had none because of the gluten.
 
You see, it doesn't matter what we eat or what we drink.  What matters is that we get together!!!  If I could make the world a better place, I would institute monthly tea parties in EVERY neighborhood in the world.  If you're not inspired to give it a try yet, perhaps this post will cause you to drag out your china teapot (or buy one at a thrift shop) and bake something and make some tea.  Then invite someone and sit down and talk.  Give it a try.  The world is aching for a quiet time called "Tea."
 
Till next tea,

Dawn

 
PS,  If you can't find anyone to come to tea when it's ready, there's always this option.
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...