Tuesday, September 11, 2018

How could we ever forget?

All sorts of patriotic songs went through my head as I pondered writing on 9-11.  I was just listening to Jay Sekulow's show and I heard that 5.5 million people have signed up for the military since that horrific attack on our country.  My dear prayer partner's son just signed up!
 
Jay and his team were saying how nothing has been the same in our country since that day.  People don't know the innocence any more that I grew up with.  Security is in place that never existed when America was safer--when we didn't realize that there are evil people who hate our freedoms and our way of life!! 
 
I never dreamed back then that one day I would carry a pistol with me everywhere I go.  I'm sure that the events of that awful day have altered many of your lives as well--even if you're not from this country.  The awfulness of it is unforgettable!
 
As I wept at how much our country lost that day, I realized something significant.  WE DIDN'T LOOSE GOD!!!  He was right there with us through that tragedy and every other one our country has gone through since then.
 
So, instead of showing you photos of buildings burning and collapsing, I felt led to share with you this video.  These old hymns are just as new as the day they were penned.  Our God is as alive and vibrant and able and willing to help ALL who call out to Him as He's always been.
 
May these old hymns bless and strengthen you today!
 
Dawn
 

 
 
 PS  For those who are grieving tonight, I also share this song by the Booth Brothers
 
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...