Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Taken for granted!



Robert and I watched a love story last night that's opened my eyes.

 How could she be so blind and not see what a great guy she had?

 How could a total stranger be better than a friend of over a decade?

 So I got to thinking this morning about how I treat God like that.

 He's always there--always forgiving--always a friend 

but I HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THAT FOR GRANTED!! 

I went looking for a poem that expresses these thoughts far better than I can.

 I hope that it is food for thought for all of us today.

I am so grateful for the life God has given to me!  

He's seen me through countless horrors in my childhood; 

countless days of pain;

 and countless sorrows at the death of my children through miscarriages.  

Some would blame Him for putting me through all of that

but those things are a result of living in a sinful world.

He's the one who holds me through all of the pain and sorrow!

He's the one who gives me a new day to live every morning.

He's  the one who catches my tears in a bottle.

He's the best friend EVER and I love Him more than ever!

Dawn




No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...