Friday, April 10, 2020

We're not alone

I wasn't raised Jewish.  I was raised in a wonderful church setting where the old German Christians poured their love of Jesus into me.  I especially enjoyed the last Sunday night of the month services when the entire service was in German.  I couldn't understand a word of it but GOD was there with them comforting them in their sorrows.

Every Sunday night was prayer time and those old German saints got down on their knees and cried out to God for mercy.  I can hear them now in my memories.  How I wish that present day children could be surrounded with such great faith!!  Perhaps this world-wide horror story we're in will stir up that kind of faith again?????????????

I have so many thought swirling around in my head as I remember the faith of those people in my home church.  Right after WW2, many German communities bore the shame of one called Hitler and his Nazis who murdered over 1 million Jews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   From my work with many in this area of the country, settled by lots of Germans from Russia, I believe we still bear that shame!

So it is quite unusual that 24 years ago, God the Father would come to a little Baptist family and say, "I want you to start keeping the Sabbath!"  This did NOT go over well with our church family or the families who raised us.

Robert and I obeyed that command (and it IS a Commandment) and spent the next decade looking through our Bibles for where the Sabbath of creation was changed BY GOD from Saturday to Sunday.  Finding NO such notation, we remained faithful to the 4th Commandment as well as the others as best we could.

As we learned to rest on Saturday, we learned to rest.

We also learned to value the Jewish people who preserved the Sabbath for us at great risk to their lives.  Father led us to a very special Jewish singer years ago named Marty Goetz who came to love Jesus as I do.  So it is that I have something very special to share with you.

I've been grieved at not being able to join my son's family for the Passover this year.  Being my health  is always a factor in determining what I'm strong enough for, in a way this isn't terrible.  However, I've been in this house for 5 weeks now so I was pretty glum last night.

Then Father showed me this video which I only saw the last half of.  I'm going to share it and watch it again with you.  Being Robert and I weren't raised Jewish, we know so little about the meaning of the Feasts of the Lord.

Marty does an excellent job of teaching us the true meaning of all the elements in a Passover Sedar.  It was beautiful to see him with his family on such a special day.  Marty even does a little singing so, in the midst of a world-wide pandemic, last night I wept tears of joy for this video.  I wasn't alone.

Sometimes I think I hear those old Germans singing praises to Jesus in Heaven.  Some day I'll join them but for now I help to heal the sick; take care of my guys; and draw strength from worship of the One who saved my soul so very long ago.

Much love,

Dawn



No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...