Sunday, April 26, 2020

Why wait?

Friends of mine came to me and asked how to advise their child on dating.  I said, "Don't do it."

This husband and wife just stared at me then asked, "Are you serious?"

I assured them that I am and mentioned the fact that I have 2 children who are happily married as a result of the "No dating allowed in this household" rule.

All three of our children thought it was a wonderful idea when they were young.  My cousin, Kristi, had sent us SM Davis's video called "God's plan for finding a mate."  This is such an amazing teaching that I decided to share it all with you.

Basically, Dr. Davis advises young people to go to sleep in regards to their sexuality.  He says that it is wisest and best to wait until one is of marriageable age to begin to ponder these things. Dr. Davis challenges us all to ponder on how many lives are ruined by parents allowing their young children to date.

It grew harder as our children matured for them to believe that no dating would work.  However, when they found the ones they would marry, and they fell deeply in love for the first time, it was worth all of the waiting.  It was worth saving their hearts for the one God wanted them to spend
their lives with.

I decided to introduce Pastor Davis to you today.  I pray that you will listen intently if you have children who are thinking of dating.  I especially urge you to listen carefully if YOU are a young person pondering saying "Yes" to all of the ups and downs of the dating scene.  PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

Here's Pastor Davis.  I'll try to find the rest of the message in the time that I have today.  However, if I run out of time, I urge you to go on Youtube and find the rest of the message there.

Here's to saving your first kiss for your wedding!! Many people are doing it these days as it is the only way to be able to give your whole self to your spouse some day.

When I told my brother that my daughter's first kiss was on her wedding day with her husband, he didn't believe me.  He and I grew up in the wonderful world of drugs and sexual exploration with whoever was closest to you.  As a Christian then, I refused those delights and I am so glad.  He,
on the other hand, went all in for the "Love em and leave em" mentality.  The difference in our
lives is tremendous!

If you're single and struggling with this, I suggest you think of it this way.  The Bible says that we
are not supposed to steal.  Well, if you "Steal a kiss," you're stealing from that person's future spouse.  You took something that God meant for that person only to enjoy!

Please spend some time with God and repent if you need to.  The rest of you, please know that saving yourself for your spouse is the ONLY way to have a long and happy life together without regrets!  Remember that you are special and your spouse is special.  When you meet, God will bless you in a super wonderful way for waiting for each other.

If you were sexually abused, you are still a virgin.  Their sin is not your sin.

If you sexually abused someone, you must repent before God and ask for forgiveness for doing this terrible thing to someone else.  God will forgive you if you ask Him to.  He will even guide you to a life of purity and a life of joy with the ONE person that He chooses for you!

Here's to pleasing God with our bodies, minds, and spirits!

Love you all,

Dawn


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...