Friday, August 28, 2009

Lighter side?


Usually after I post something "Heavy," like I posted yesterday, I like to post something light and cheerful so that you don't get all bogged down reading my thoughts. With this in mind, I headed to the Good Clean Funnies List located here:http://www.gcfl.net/

Being I am more aware of how cancer affects one's thinking now, I almost found it amusing that everything posted there seemed "Stupid" somehow. I was almost ready to give up, and pass on posting entirely now, when I found this "Funny." I guess, if it weren't so true, it would be funny.

As always, when the Lord brings me something to ponder, I must ask myself these questions. In what ways does this apply to me? Is it just possible that I, myself, am hanging on to a dead horse? If so, which thing is it in my life that the Lord is pointing at? And lastly, how can I get rid of it? After all--it's a DEAD HORSE!!!

Happy pondering and Happy Sabbath to you all!

Dawn

The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from one generation to the next, says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. However, in modern business, because of the heavy investment factors to be taken into consideration, often other strategies have been tried with dead horses, including the following:

1. Buying a stronger whip.

2. Changing riders.

3. Threatening the horse with termination.

4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.

6. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.

7. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.

8. Changing the form so that it reads: "This horse is not dead."

9. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.

10. Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.

11. Donating the dead horse to a recognized charity, thereby deducting its full original cost.

12. Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.

13. Doing a time management study to see if lighter riders would improve productivity.

14. Declaring that a dead horse has lower overhead and therefore performs better.

15. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.


*Received from the Funnies list.

1 comment:

Tamera said...

he he he he

Having worked outside the home for a while, I can really identify with this, lol.

Happy Sabbath!

Love ya!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...