Monday, April 12, 2010

Life is so precious!!!

I've received this Erma Bombeck forward several times before, but it REALLY hit me hard this morning. You see, there is a friend of mine who is dying of cancer. I offered her BodyTalk sessions for free because, when I was so ill in '06 AND we had the drought, their family blessed us in a very special way. I want them to know that I would LOVE to help her through BT, in return for their gesture of friendship when WE were going through such a hard time.

It is hard to sit and wait for a reply to my offer for I know that the BodyTalk skills that I now have MAY save her life. Also, I have several herbal/natural remedies which I would be happy to suggest that I USED WHEN I HAD CANCER!

These herbal remedies saved my life repeatedly, when I was dealing with what she is dealing with, but my hands are tied. Although I know the power of prayer, for me I've always had to DO something in addition to praying in order to conquer illness. At different times I've used wormwood, cloves, & black walnut tincture; Essiac tea; onion poultices; BT & Reiki; Tahitian Noni Juice IN ADDITION TO PRAYER!

This is very hard for me having grown up knowing the power of prayer. But prayer can move us to get in the boat or helicopter that God sends for us to rescue us from death! I pray then, for this woman on her deathbed, to step into the boat or helicopter that the Lord sends for her to step into. If that boat or helicopter is death, then I will pray for myself to accept it. In fact, I'm feeling an IMMENSE need for the Serenity prayer right now, so I'll share it with you as I say it to comfort myself.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS THAT I CANNOT CHANGE;
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN;
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!

Now I share Erma Bombeck's words in light of the fact which I am trying VERY properly to share which is: I ABSOLUTELY LOATH THE WAY THAT MANY AMERICANS RUN TO THE DOCTOR TO TRY TO BUY THEIR HEALTH--EVEN TO THE POINT OF DYING WITHOUT TRYING ANY OF GOD'S NATURAL REMEDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, now I've said it. Are you shocked???????????

The only thing I'd change in the forward is the comment about buying nothing for it's practical purposes. My goodness, some people must be RICH or something. I'd rephrase that thought to be something like, "I'd never buy anything that I didn't need, because that is poor stewardship when there are so many hurting ones in the world that I could be bless with my money instead."

So, I leave you dear readers, to ponder the words of a dying woman. Keep in mind that I was a dying woman once too (only 3 years ago). Maybe it was the German in me; maybe the desire to TRULY make a difference in the world; maybe it's that I didn't want to leave my children motherless like the family I'd just met then; maybe it was all 3, plus a whole lot more factors involved, but I wasn't so willing to just lay down and die as some people seem to be.

When God said, "We're doing Bee Venom Therapy," do you think I was all excited and overjoyed? NO-- but I lay my head down on the pillow for a whole year and let Cora sting me with 5 living, humming, buzzing, screaming BEES EVERY DAY because I wanted to keep living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then God blessed me with BodyTalk--not even a single skin break required--and I fell in love with it AND with Him for giving it to me.

I just cannot imagine ANYONE (especially a believer in the God of healing) not turning over EVERY leaf, stump, rock, email, website ........... to try to find a way to keep living! I just cannot imagine being so complacent, when the Doctor tells you that you're dying, that you just LAY THERE AND TAKE IT WITHOUT EVEN PUTTING UP A FIGHT!!!!!

Thanks for listening, dear friends! I had no idea that it was time for all of THAT to come out this morning. It's just that, if I have to listen to one more obituary that may have been have been prevented, I don't know what I'll do. OH GOD, HELP ME TO ACCEPT PEOPLE'S RIGHTS TO DO NOTHING THAT THE DOCTOR HASN'T ORDERED TO TRY TO SAVE THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I covet your prayers in this matter!

Dawn

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER
- by Erma Bombeck (written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains. I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.'

There would have been more 'I love you's' More 'I'm sorry's.'

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute; look at it; and really see it . . live it and never give it back.

STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!!

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.

AND I ADD: AND LET'S BE WILLING TO FOLLOW GOD WHEREVER HE LEADS US!!!!

3 comments:

E.D.Hanson said...

I am not willing to say that at this point BodyTalk could "save" our friend. I cannot know what God's plan is. I only know that I am willing to be used in His plan whatever it happens to be. Given enough time BodyTalk can reverse most anything, sometimes alone and sometimes with the assistance of other modalities. However, BodyTalk cannot change God's ultimate plan.

As we go along in this life we are being taught lessons, some are easy, some are harder, some are sweet and tender, some of them are very bitter. I would love to be able to learn all that I need from those that are tender and sweet but some of my very deepest and profound lessons have come in very bitter lessons.

I would rather endure the bitterness than to be one who ignores His attempts to teach me. So here is to another cup of bitterness and tears and to whatever I am to learn this time. Prayers to all who are hurting and mourning the end of this "light" may they all feel His love surrounding them.

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the thoughts by Erma.

Anonymous said...

Dear Elizabeth,
I agree that the Lord teaches us through difficult times, as well as through pleasant events, and I will be praying for YOU in this too!
It just is hard for me to face a funeral wondering whether or not BT MAY have helped them come to peace in some way before their death.
Thanks for your comment. I will answer your other question privately.
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...