Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's out!

I haven't liked to complain about this tooth business because I do NOT want this space in cyber to become habitually negative. Here's the story in a nutshell. About 2 years ago, my left, upper bicuspid broke out HALF WAY. Funds being short from the drought (AGAIN), I just kept putting clove oil on it whenever it would smart a bit.

Well, on Monday when Jacob and I were in Eureka, we were working out in the yard getting the shoots to graft unto our crab apple trees here. Cora said that we were going on an Appleseed Shoot (think about it). :) Anyway, we were hungry when we were done so, being the house is just as mom left it almost a year ago, we rummaged through the cupboards.

There was a box of very old and VERY HARD black licorice on the lazy susan so we grabbed it and took off. Half the way home we were sucking on that hard licorice and chewing it when it was soft enough.

Well, it turns out that this was NOT very smart as it took off the scab that my tooth had formed to protect itself. Now I was down to RAW NERVES. Last night it hurt so bad I almost screamed half the night as I walked the floor and tried to find something strong enough to put out the stabbing pain on the left side of my face. The only thing that worked long enough for me to sleep 2 whole hours straight was cayenne pepper tincture.

This morning I called around Bismarck to find ANY dentist who would see me. I found the Prairie Rose Dentist office had an opening at 11:00. The only trouble is that it was then 9:35. I said that I'd try to make it and went as quickly as I could considering that every move caused dreadful pain.

Well, don't tell on me, but I pushed 90 on the way up to Steele and then cooled it to 80 on the interstate. Jacob and I pulled up in front of the office at 10:57. I moaned all the way up as every bump was excruciatingly painful.

Get this, the dentist who saw me was DR. KING!!! I bet his name takes him places. He said that we were right that it needed to be extracted. He gave me a prescription for an anti-biotic and for a pain reliever.

JOY OF JOYS! They said that they'd take out the old bugger and I waited all of 10 minutes for them to take me in to be numbed. Now, I'm not crazy about shots in my face but the bliss of no pain in that tooth was WONDERFUL.

Dr. Quinn was very quick and the misery only lasted about 3 minutes. Then he said that I'd done a good job and he was out of there. The nurse was great too and reviewed all my post-0p orders. I was glad that it was written down as I was soooooooooooooooooo tired after little sleep last night and the anesthetic.

So IT'S OUT!!! Praise the Lord for getting me to the place I needed to be so that this problem could be taken care of once and for all. Of course, now I have a hole in my mouth, but that sure beats half a tooth that aches half the time. Now was that so bad, Dawn? :)

Thanks again for your prayers for my health. I've always known that the day would come when I'd be getting the mercury out of my mouth. I needed to be strong enough first, though, so I'm wondering now if the Lord is saying, "It's time to start that dreaded process." One day at a time!

Here's a hug. No smiles because my mouth hurts too much for that yet but hugs are nice too!

Sleep well and listen for my snoring,

Dawn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I"m glade that you had your feeling better with that tooth. I had three silver fillings taken out, and put white fillings in.last week wensday. It is still bothering me. I stiil got a couple on the right side. It cost me 600.25 dollars for three fillings.
Gwen

Anonymous said...

Whosoever keepeth his mouth and tongue keepeth his soul from trouble- you did it! You will have less trouble in more ways than one. I am very happy that you are fearless in sharing your woes, some of us are too addicted to our pride to reveal such weakenesses. You are a good example of humility

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments, ladies! Gwen, you can do Fast Aid to the mouth to help it to heal faster. That is 1. cortices 2. cortices to mouth 3. cortices 4. mouth to navel. Please let me know how it turns out for you.
Christine, I am afraid that I've been "Keeping my mouth" unvoluntarily throughout this whole tooth episode--it just hurt too much to talk. :) I do appreciate your pointing out that this probably helped me gain self-control--in spite of myself!
About humility, BodyTalk has helped me with this more than anything else. I've come to see that hanging on to negative thoughts is what kept me sick. I started my blog to just let out all of the ugly things that I tried to keep hidden all my life. I did it for me--for my health-- but I am so thrilled that the Lord has blessed you as a result. :)
PRAISE THE LORD FOREVER!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...