Thursday, June 3, 2010

Packing

Part of the reason for my not writing here lately is because my computer hasn't been working the best. Another part is because I have been busily getting my new office in Bismarck ready for clients. A third part is because we have been planting our large garden (the small ones are across the road). A forth part is because I'm lining up a BodyTalk Access class in Napoleon next week. A fifth part is that I'm getting quarters and halves of beef to several families. The last part is that I have been trying to get things coordinated to pack up my dad's house for the sale next month. So you see, I haven't just been twiddling my thumbs. :)

Andrew installed a new system on our computer and now I can't use my scanner or insert pictures, but I'm sure that it's better in a lot of ways--once I figure out how to use it! I'm glad that he's busy helping finish up the seeding, and I know that he will get around to getting things working up to snuff again here SOON. It's just that I have lots of pictures of my new office that I am aching to show everyone.

I had my first work day in there on Tuesday and I JUST LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so wonderful not to have to work around anyone else!!! Everything in the room was MINE. I had chosen them and nobody moved a thing while I was gone--not even the Kleenex box. In the other office, I never knew where I'd find the Kleenex box. It seems that everyone of my 4 partners had their own ideas as to where the Kleenex box should be.

My clients felt at home there in my new office and said that there was plenty of room. When I was finished with clients, I did some more shopping and bought some office decorations; a coat hook; and a filing cabinet. I tried to put it together myself as the instructions said, "Easy assembly." However, when it was 9:00 PM and the top wouldn't go on no matter how hard I pushed on it, I knew that I had to surrender and head for home. Yesterday Jacob finished assembling it for me and it took him a few hours to do it too, so then I felt better. :)

I'm asking for prayers for Saturday. We're going to Eureka to start packing things up for my dad's auction sale next month. My brother and his wife have begun the process and are feeling a bit daunted, but we couldn't get away from here to help until we were finished with our seeding. Hopefully Robert will be able to finish that tomorrow.

There's a big dread in my heart when I think of going into that house and dealing with all of my parent's stuff, but it has to be done. As Maria in THE SOUND OF MUSIC said when she was overwhelmed at the thought of what lay before her, "Oh Help!"

The most wonderful news around here is that my old washing machine permanently broke. This means that the guys went to Menards and bought me a brand, new one!!! WOW--IT IS SO COOL! It's a front-load type and we can watch the thing do it's work. I told Cora that she needs to get one when she has children as it's a great baby-sitter. It's absolutely awesome that our clothes are actually getting clean!!!!!!!!! YEAH!

Best get to work. I got my new book called, "THE REIKI TEACHER'S MANUAL," in the mail today and it's calling my name. I have my first Reiki 3 student coming to my office in a few weeks and I am VERY nervous. I have lots of studying to do--that's one more thing that's going on in my life! Please keep me in your prayers.

Oh yes, I just remembered another project that I'm working on in my mind. In my studying to teach Reiki 3 to my friend, I actually started reading the book that I received when I got my Reiki 3 last Fall. There is an awesome explanation in the book about how we have 7 layers of these energies inside of us.

When we die, the energies within us die too, so these are OUR energies. Well, Reiki is the highest energy and it is needed to help us get in touch with God. Every time that someone prays, they use Reiki energy naturally. However, most people prefer to try to solve their problems on their own rather than trouble God with their woes. That's why we remain powerless until we give up; get down on our knees; and ask God to help us. VERY SOON, I will write 7 posts explaining these 7 kinds of energies that we all have within us. It's such an awesome explanation................................ Can you tell that I LOVE my work?

Blessings,

Dawn

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have been praying for you knowing the time is getting closer for your dad's sale. You have had a lot going on lately. I've missed you here and am looking forward to learning more about Reiki. Blessings to you this day.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kimberly,
You're about the sweetest friend in the world!
Today we're going down to pack in dad's house, as I need to do it when my guys aren't working. I praise God that our family can be alone in the house while we work so we can talk of the good times the children remember. Maybe that will help me to put it all into perspective somehow.
Love always,
Dawn

Terrilynne said...

Hello sweetest dawn, Just reading what you write can get a glimpse into the inflevtion and tone you use almost[know you must surely have a soothing and reassuring safe voice-a gift]. Anxious to read about the 7 reiki energy posts you are planning,Bless, Terrilynne

Anonymous said...

Dear Terrilynne,
Welcome, and I am so glad that you have felt safe here! So much of my life, I have been unsafe so I can certainly understand how important that is to others!
Today is a special day for me as it is the first time that I will give a Reiki 3 attunement. It's with a friend of mine so it will be extra special. Soon I will share all that I have been learning about Reiki.
Blessings,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...