Monday, June 21, 2010

What makes a day great?

Boy, do I ever feel drained! After 2 days at Prairie Days, which this year included Ben and Hannah's wedding; plus the 100 mile trip, times 4; plus 2 chores each day; plus preparing and lugging food each day, I was so wiped out that I slept like a rock last night.

When I woke up this morning, I did another BodyTalk session on Robert, as he injured his back last week and has been dragging. I just finished up the session at 9:30, when suddenly I remembered that I had 2 clients coming this morning--one at 10:00 and one at 11:00. TALK ABOUT A RUDE AWAKENING.

The sessions went great; I had lunch with the boys, as Robert was cleaning grain and Cora had gone to work; and THEN I had the time to fall into my bed. Jacob stuck his head in my room at 5:00 and said, "Are you getting up, Mom?" Goodness!

I'd like to say that I sprang out of bed, but my head was pretty woozy. I took a little time to do cortices and went out to mow the lawn in our playground. When the lawn mower ran out of gas, I decided to turn the job over to Jacob and go make some supper. WOW--I just felt so groggy.

Anyway, I'm headed for the whirlpool but I just HAD to share a few pictures from the first day of Prairie Days. Tomorrow I'll try to post from the second day, but I have to wait until Cora can contribute them to the library. She just got home from work, and is dead tired, but also wants to post about Prairie Days tonight so I'm sure you'll enjoy her viewpoint on our special Summer celebration. Here are a few pictures, from the many that I took, to TRY to summarize how wonderful it is to meet with friends at the Dagley farm for their annual Prairie Days.

Q. WHAT MAKES A DAY GREAT?

A. Time spent with my precious children......
A tug of war amongst friends of all sizes..........

A tea party for mothers and daughters under the trees......

An herb walk in the rain with my friend, Chris, who is a Master Herbalist.................
AND--
LOTS
AND
LOTS
AND
LOTS
AND
LOTS
AND
LOTS
OF
CHILDREN!!!
I'll try to post more pictures tomorrow, but we'll see if I have any time. Coming up on our agenda is our landlady, Fern's, family reunion this coming Sabbath. We've been asked to bring some music to share for that event, so that will be fun.
Looming in my mind, though, every day is the fact that July 11th is coming closer and closer. I covet ALL of your prayers as we prepare to sell the home that I grew up in, and all of it's contents, to the highest bidder. Please pray for cooperation amongst my brothers and I, as there is MUCH work to be done yet, and very LITTLE cooperation. OH HELP!
I love you all,
Dawn

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I have been praying for you as you get things ready for your dad's sale. I need to have a session. I will email you but thinking I won't have time until next week. It sounds like you are very busy as well. love,

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Dear Kimberly,
I can actually feel when you pray for me as I feel so much more calm. How can I ever thank you enough for being such a true friend to me all of these years? Here's a hug, dear!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...